kids games

Discussion in 'Games' started by SaleenS351, May 20, 2005.

1. SaleenS351 macrumors 6502

I just bought my mom a new emac and my little sister likes playing games on the computer so i wanted to get her something to play on the new computer, she 7 years old, maybe a fun learning game or something like that. Just looking for suggestions, thanks

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

someone should make a halo mod where you shoot evil space numbers :p
    not exactly a game but i have a lot of fond memories of kid pix, from broderbund i believe. (still on mac i think; was in ~system 7) also math baseball's great. basically you pick what sort of hit or w/e you want, then get a problem and if you get it right it's a base hit, etc. some actual baseball type stuff involved and still fun if you crank up the difficulty :D not sure about mac-ness tho

3. TheGimp macrumors 6502

Get her the game "Postal". Kids of that age always like sending and receiving things, and like stamps in particular (they're little).

4. WhiteSavage macrumors regular

WhiteSavage

Terrible.

Here:
    http://brigadiergifts.com/Educationalgames.htm

You need classic though...

I'm afraid I dont play Educational games. Thus, I dont really know of many on OS X. I know there are... Macworld did a review on one a few months ago. I'll try to go and dig up that article. Untill then, happy hunting!

5. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

What happened to good 'ol fashioned GTA?

Hey I thought a little Doom3 and Vice City/San Andreas was nice for 7 year old girls before going to bed... she does have the latest PowerMacG5 right? Aw, come on! :p ;)

6. iPoster macrumors regular

Any game by "Jump Start" is both educational and fun, my 8 year old and 4 year old adore them. Many of them run only in classic though, not a big deal, but you may want to set Classic to start up when your sister logs in to her account, saves time loading games.

7. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Rayman 3....though that may be a little bit difficult.

In fact, nevermind. :(