Kids say the most STUPID things

Discussion in 'Community' started by Royal Pineapple, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

i walked in to the local public middleschool the other day to see if i could access their internet via my airport card, they have 802.11b.
    but while i was there i overheard two students talking while they were using their new eMacs provided by my tax money, their conversation was as follows

girl: you are so stupid, you cant even use a mac.
    boy: well where the hell is the start button?
    girl: the computer is ready for you, why do you want to reboot?
    boy: i dont want to i just want to see what programs are installed.
    girl: than go to the applications folder.
    boy: the what?...
    this is when i left.
    but i liked watching the obiouslly wiser girl, and dumb as a stick boy bickering;)

2. Royal Pineapple thread starter macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Hehehe... not only is that stupid, it's sad. That poor boy has obviously grown up in an abusive Windoze environment! ;) Let's hope they get their act together and actually start TEACHING the children how to use the computers! It's not rocket science, but c'mon people this is a SCHOOL!

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Damn...I guess it's true...girls are smarter than boys.:p

Off topic:
    Schools have been pretty slow to adopt WiFi networks in my experience. My university still hasn't implemented anything, citing security issues.

What're other people's experiences?

5. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

They'll never have wireless at my school....

The people in charge of the networks for the entire university have no idea what theyre doing and have all these dumb rules so they dont get hacked...

They update stuff all the time which always causes crashes of the network, in addition to the standstills that occur when a lot of students are online at the same time.

We had to register a program at work and needed to know if the IP was static or dynamic and we couldnt get a straight answer out of them. WE got a "maybe", "I dont know", and a "what?" before havingto get to the head who was only "pretty sure". Well, its necessary to know in order tho register said program!

Then we're setting up a render farm for 3D and they're making us connect each computer to the network and use it that way intstead of letting one computer be connected and using a hub, which is the proper way. SO we wont really have a render farm because fo them....stupid people...

6. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

my school is mainly a windoze environment, and all of the networking is wired, except for some buildings behind the school. They didn't want to run cabling out to them, so they set up a couple of base stations in the school, close to the buildings, and they have Macs that are able to access them.

It's funny... I was in my computer class (A+ certification class mainly...) and a girl came in asking for help for her teachers Mac. Everyone in the room just looked at me (they know I'm a big mac person :D ), so I went with her to see if I could fix the problem, and on the way to the room, the girl said she didn't like Macs because they don't work right... Anyways, the teacher just wanted to know how to change the margins in Apple Works... I felt so used... It's sad how my school district spends months training teachers how to use their gradebook program, when they could just get Apple's Power School, and in weeks, be up and running better than ever, but that would be easy and smart, so they can't do it. There is always some teacher training thing going on in the STUDENT computer lab, and no students are able to use it. The windoze computers are used only for attendance and grades, and they suck at both... Some teachers don't even let kids touch the computers. It totally defeats the purpose of having computers at school, but of course, that's why I carry my iBook...

7. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

My old school only had one mac lab. They kept trying to shut it down because the macs moved about the network without registering on the central server.

8. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

Man, I tell ya', I visited a college campus once and a thought crossed my mind. These are the future leaders of America??? Needless to say, I was afraid very afraid.
    I went to a helicopter flight school to see about their programs and the pilots I talked to were some of the sharpest people I've ever met. Thank God.

9. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

Hum di dum!

Kids these days cant even spell.

Me, Teacher teacher how do you spell cow?
    Teacher, Shut up you stupid ****ing idiot!
    Go asked my friend Melissa and get socked in the face.

Oh yea and they are violent to.

10. Royal Pineapple thread starter macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

Re: Hum di dum!

i dont know how to FELL cow eather

11. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

Yea you where there Alex (Royal Pinapple), you witnessed it,, messed up isent it. Kids these days.

12. Royal Pineapple thread starter macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

i dont remember, but there is alot of things that i dont remember;):D

13. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Dear GOD your signature is long... I've seen signature abuse before, but that's ridiculous! :eek:

14. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

I have been trying tom ake it shorter but everytime i do it wont delete the old stuff and just adds new stuff or just leaves it as is i duno i will try again.

15. job macrumors 68040

job

Ehm, getting back on topic :

My old private school used Red Hat Linux on Wintel clone towers and distributed iBooks among the boarders. What was great about that was that there were overlapping Airport networks all over campus so a student (i.e. my friend) could walk all over school with his iBook and always be connected to the 'net. :D :D