kids software in the UK

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by k2k koos, Mar 14, 2007.

1. k2k koos macrumors 6502a

k2k koos

does anyone know of any great software, both educational, as games and creative stuff, that is suitable for kids between 3 and 8, available in the UK for OSX ?

This is one of the only drawbacks I find for using a Mac. My wife keeps reminding me that free CD's on cerial boxes etc, with fun stuff for kids etc, are very often Windows only. My argument that this software is usually not very good (but then again it's free, or nearly free), is waved, bottom line is that kids still enjoy this stuff (recently there is a series with animal photo's in assocation with National Geographic, which we can't use on a Mac).

The same goes for some simple , but sometimes reasonably good software from gas / petrol stations (garden design, simple games, drawing etc etc).

We need this stuff for a Mac too, and would silence many of the complaints my wife (and others) have against it.

Come on Apple and others, get some more great simple stuff out there, the Mac market is growing, lets cover all the bases!

2. k2k koos thread starter macrumors 6502a

k2k koos

software

I guess by the zero replies so far, it may be painfully clear that my above fears are indeed true, and there isn't much for kids available (yet) .... please someone prove me wrong ....