Killing off my myspace profile - how?!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Lau, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Lau Guest

Right. I have a myspace profile. Myspace, as we all know, sucks. I had a profile, which was very useful for university, but now I'm gone, I don't use it and would prefer to email people. I'm also sick of it crashing my browser. Then the final straw was that someone was posting bulletins from my account because I clicked on a link. :mad:

I changed my password, which hopefully stopped the bulletins. So, I try and delete it, and it turns out the email address I used is ancient, and to delete it, I have to change it to the new one. I did this, finally, and logged out to check it had worked, and when I try to log back in again, it won't recognise either the old or the new email address.

So now I'm stuck logged out, and so can't delete my account. I tried to do the salute thing, but as I don't have a photo on my account (just my avatar picture) they wouldn't accept it. I've tried emailing customer services and using their online form every week for the last month or so, and either way I get a standard form response that hasn't addressed the problem.

Is there any way at all I can get into my account to delete it? God knows if some twunt is posting bulletins under my name and pissing off all my friends who still use it. Is there a way to hack my own account? Can I break my account by somehow putting up offensive content to get banned? Is there a way of contacting them that means they'll actually read my emails?

Any help would be most appreciated.
  2. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2006
    well same thing happened to me so i just deleted all my friends (all i could think of)
  3. spicyapple macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    MySpace... heh don't get me started with them.

I had my imposter account shut down by first doing a twice daily salute for about a week. With no response from them, I contacted MySpace corporate head-office and gave them a 2 paragraph letter of explanation.

I forget the exact email address but got a reply notice from
  4. Lau thread starter Guest

Problem is that I can't get in to delete em all! I wouldn't mind just removing all information from the account, but I can't get in to do it.

Good to know, thanks. I may just start a campaign of harrassment to customer services then. :p
  5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2006
    Your MySpace profile is going to follow you around like an evil internet shadow!

<Evil cackle!>

6. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

Feb 12, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
    R-r-really? :eek: Oh no!
    *runs off to, uhm, have a snack*
  7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    since you can't log in... get on Customer Support's case about it. daily if need be and get it taken care of.
  8. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2006
    Ive seen people complain and have profiles taken down, so just say you saw something offensive on it (or something along those lines) and MySpace will usually close it down.
  9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    I'm going to write to them and complain that you're an complete imposter and fraud. That you're not in fact:

'...a formidable union of three of the finest and most innovative exponents of modern traditional music in Scotland today'.

And that the following also represents false advertising at its most brazen...

'Lau’s now infamous live shows are a must-see experience.'

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    or post a link here so we can all complain ;)
  11. Lau thread starter Guest

And how do you know they're not, hmm? ;)

That's not a bad idea. If 20 people emailed myspace a day complaining, they might take notice. :D Actually, if I could get then get this thread dugg we'd be laughing. :p

(It's by the way. Fill yer boots. Hack it, break it, spam it, do what you will. ;) (Although don't do anything that would affect my friends accounts, please.))
  12. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Lau's shows are the best, she uses a good quality webcam, and she's not frightened of bringing out the toys either. Weheh.
  13. BoyBach macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2006