Killzone Footage Is CG (And Other E3 Disappointments)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Macamus Prime, May 20, 2005.

1. Macamus Prime macrumors regular

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/20/news_6126204.html

Sony is lying. The PS3 may not be able to provide us with what was shown. I am more let down than angry at this.

At this point, all next gen hardware & games are on the same level - unfinished/finalized and far from whats being projected. I will make my decision when its real (reviewable & playable software). Given that PS3 may not pull off what the CG showed, the 360 running off of work stations & the Revolution was a no show (as of this posting), E3 this year fired off the imagination, but now reality is sinking in. We may not get what was shown.

Call me a whiner, fanboi, troll or whatever but I for one don't see the hype in the next generation systems. I want to give the next gen stuff thumbs down, but that would be getting ahead of myself. Perhaps even overreacting. Kind of like touting something to be so great and grand when all it is, is just a concept and not realit,.... oh,.. never mind.

One positive note ( :eek: WHAT!? :eek: ) about E3 - the games shown for the current gen systems. I am happy to see Animal Crossing DS coming along well. I am looking foward to The Path Of Neo, Tomb Raider, FF 12, Zelda, Castlevania and all sorts of other titles.

2. Macamus Prime thread starter macrumors regular

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/20/news_6126195.html

Info on the Revolution.

We where shown an empty case. Not a next gen system. Yet another example of disappointing Next Gen content at E3 this year.

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

he admitted that this wasn't going to be the final looking of the revolution (which means this is nothing).

so if you are upset now well after the fact of admitting it, you need to get things together

4. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

But we all knew this right?
    that was my intention all along - wait for them to be in stores, and then wait some more as they come down in price by like $200!
    Yeah, despite all the hype about next-gen consoles, i dont think any of the 3 big ones was really ready to show us anything amazing at E3- it probably came 3-6 months too soon to be able to really show off!

5. Macamus Prime thread starter macrumors regular

My point being is, why bother showing any of this if its not ready or finalized? Why even get every one reved up? Especially if some of the ideas shown are fake (Killzone)? And on top of that lie about it?

Also, would it have been such a bad thing if focus and emphasis was placed on what available here and now? Its not like there was a shortage of content and games for the current systems.

6. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

I'm still going to buy a PS3 when they come out. I'm just wondering what the price will be. I don't care about online gaming, I just want a console that has excellent FPS games, and something very powerful. Judging from the specs, I'm going to go with the PS3 and I might use that as the control center for my entertainment system.

7. iceTrX macrumors regular

Do any of you realize that its a RUMOR that Killzone 2 is CG? It hasn't been confirmed by anyone that the Killzone 2 preview was CG and there is no basis for saying that Sony is lying about it. There is more of a chance that Killzone 2 was actually played in realtime then it was CG.

8. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Oh come on! the turning/looking rate is WAY beyond the capability of a controller - no way it's a video of the PS3 running!
    How often do sony use cut-sequences in games anyhow!

9. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

And, what, this is surprising you? It's lies and deception that got Sony to the top in the first place. You know how many people bought Final Fantasy 7 thinking they'd be able to play what they saw in the commercials? (Which was all the FMV content of the game compressed into a commercial) You know how many people bought the PS2 with the promise that it'd deliver "Toy Story" quality graphics? Oh, and then, the, what was it again, "125 Million Polygons per Second" number they always threw around, which was black polygons on a black background, I believe.

And let's not forget about their legendary track record with just, you know, borrowing other company's ideas. (Analog Sticks, Force Feedback)

And, oh, yes. Build Quality. One of the reasons Sony has sold so many PS2s is because many people had to end up buying 2 or 3 to replace broken ones.

Right. RIGHT. So why is this surprising you again?

Edit: It's funny, again how everyone is so disappointed in Nintendo for "not showing anything". Really, Sony did the same. They showed us some fake videos saying "Oh, well, this is what we THINK it's gonna look like, seriously, guys, we mean it." And, oh yes, the batarang controller. Damn Sony, stealing everyone's ideas again. Batman sues Sony in 2006.

Anywho, I just love how everyone is so enamoured with Sony that they just automatically choose it after not even getting any solid evidence of it's capabilities.

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

It seems that this is EXACTLY what nintendo did at E3 basically they announced they were creating a new system and some of the stuff included.

then they started talking about the gameboy micro, DS games and GC games, but everyone is all "oh nintendo did a bad thing by not putting out" christ just because sony and MS whore themselves out and put out at a whim doesn't mean they are telling you the truth. I rather go with a company that would admit "yeah this isn't what it is going to look like at all and such" and showing games for the previous system and for their handheld, instead of having their games running on two computers instead of the system or making up all the game film

11. Macamus Prime thread starter macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure I said I was disappointed.

::checks OP & title of this very thread::

Yup,...

Not shocked, pissed or even surprised. Also, I am happy with some current gen stuff that is coming out.

Well, son of a bitch. I was cool with some of E3.

I guess I should tone down the drama in my posts. I really came off like a raving lunatic with my disappointment in the next gen stuff at E3.

All bitching aside though - Killzone CG like gameplay would be awesome. Too bad it was all pipe dreams. I really do hope Nintendo reveals something that truely is revolutionary. As per this link, we will get details before the year is over: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/20/news_6126195.html

My friend said all companies had to show something in order to prevent their competition from gaining too much hype and attention over them. Its just a shame they used work stations, empty cases and CG.