Kimi Raikkonen and Renault

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iTwitch, Jul 2, 2006.

1. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

$40 million? I'll take two.

It'd be nice to see him in a competitive car so people can finally be shown that he's not the brilliant driver the media hype him up to be. :)

3. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

if Renault is willing to pay anywhere near shumacher's salary, then why didn't they try to keep Alonso in the first place?

4. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

the smart thing for Kimi to do would be to to sign with Renualt and win the next couple of years....

However, if he joined with Ferrari, somehow I think that would provide more excitement to the fans. Just to see whether or not he is better than Schumi in the same car would be great to see.... as a fan.

5. iTwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Apparently, Kimi is one of three drivers boycotting the GPDA until Schumacher steps down as president. So I'm not so sure Kimi would sign with Ferrari?

6. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

did he? I thought it was only Villeneuve who quit GPDA...yeah it will be great if Schumi and Kimi race for Ferrari next year then we'll see the true Schumi cos now it's like Massa helping him win or at least provide support...

7. iTwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Yeah, Villeneuve quit but in an interview Ralf said Kimi, Wurz and I think Alsonso have stopped attending meetings while MS is president. The story was at F1 Live, but as a non subscriber I no longer have access.

8. iTwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

iTwitch