Kind of disappointed with my iCurve

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by munckee, Apr 3, 2006.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

Maybe I was quick to judge. It's not bothering me so much now, and the computer seems to be keeping quiet even with an external display plugged in.

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

What exactly were you expecting? It's a plastic stand.

3. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

It wobbles more than I expected. Even just typing with the keyboard on the desk in front of it, my PB bounces back and forth. It's not life-threatening since I use an external monitor for most of my work, but it is bothersome.

4. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

yes i can relate, i own two icurves (home and office) and i dont like typing on it at work because it bounces. quick solution i just hooked up a old colored iMac compact keyboard and store underneath the icurve and when i need to type just pull it out.

5. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

I am using an external keyboard. I guess I just have heavy typing fingers.

6. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Maybe you did not download the correct driver for it?:D

Sorry - just came to my mind.^^

7. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I love my icurve, I use my laptop with an external monitor or without oen but i always make sure i have a keybord and mouse plugged in. Its not really supposed to be used without a keybord.

8. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I was planning on getting an iCurve but when it came to the bank account, I couldn't. Instead, I have it slightly raised up on a binder. Yes I am a student and my funds tend to go elsewhere...

9. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

I thought about that too, but the cooling properties were important to me as was the space gain (I can store my KB and mouse under it when I'm not using them).

10. turtlebud macrumors 6502

I really like my icurve. I use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse with it when i'm using it and it works great. I know what you mean about it bouncing when you try to type on the powerbook keyboard - I do that sometimes when I'm too lazy to plug in the bluetooth adaptor. However, the main reason why I got it was so that I could use it like desktop with the screen at the right height and using an external keyboard and mouse. If you're typing on the powerbook keyboard, the screen might be in the right place, but it's going to be might uncomfortable cause you have to prop your hands up to use it and will likely need to sit closet to it.

i'd recommend a usb keyboard and mouse if you can spare it - it'll make your life a lot easier.

11. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

I AM USING AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD AND MOUSE!

:p

I think some of my wobbling issues come from a less than stellar desk (ikea job that isn't as steady as I'd like).

12. turtlebud macrumors 6502

haha, sorry about that munckee - didn't even see that (even the 3 or 4 times you said it). guess it was cause I assumed I knew what you were talking about with the wobbling cause it did that for me when I tried to type on the powerbook keyboard. In that case, yes, I think it's very much the desk - my desk is a particle board desk that I put together and took a part many times and it works without wobble. I think it's around 15 years old too.

13. macpastor macrumors regular

macpastor

iCurve woes

The iCurve I got seems to be perfect for the computer as long as I don't touch it. it does bounce when you type on it so I just used the external keyboard. is nice to keep it off the desk and eye level.

14. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I've just bought one though I am sullying it by putting a pc laptop on their at the moment (come on MacBooks!!!!) and I'm very happy with it.

15. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

Must be a desk problem. I get no movement whatsoever from my iCurve, and I'm a pretty vigorous typist.

I consider the money I spent on the iCurve the second-best accessory investment I've made for my Powerbook (best: multiple button bluetooth mouse).

16. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

I've had an iCurve for over a year and I love it! Same reasons as everybody else -- it raises my iBook G4 up near eye level, it gives me storage space underneath (over the year I've kept an external HD, DVD burner, Apple BT keyboard, CD spindle, and iPod under there...) and of course it keeps my iBook cool and happy. Plus it looks awesome! I'd take a serious look at the stability of your desk if simple typing is causing all these quakes and tremors.

17. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

I'm trying to get the picture here: Is it wobbling side to side or is the plastic bars supporting the laptop wobbling down because of the weight of typing?

18. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I use computer books instead, they are sturdy and can also be used as a book as well as a stand.