Kinda Paranoid

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AliensAreFuzzy, Mar 2, 2005.

1. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

My brother just ordered his iPod Mini using my Apple account. However, when he was ordering it he left my name as the billing address even though he put his credit card info in. Do I have anything to worry about or am I just being paranoid?

2. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

I wouldn't worry about it. If at most, I would expect a verifiction phone call.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Since he's using his credit card you should be safe. Although you should suggest that he setup his own Apple Account.

4. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I dunno how Apple processes orders, but normally the billing name and address needs to match the card.

5. papersushi macrumors regular

Call Apple Payment Team at 1-800-676-2775 ext 55200 to verify the payment information, have your web order number ready before you call.

6. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Beware the Apple Credit Fraud Hit Team, or for short, ACFHT.

The ACFHT will deliver a box that looks like an iPod Mini but is really an iPMBIDAHE or iPod Mini Box In Disguise As High Explosive(s).

Open it from a long distance.

If you stop posting, we will mourn you. Maybe.

7. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

8. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

It is the box that is armed. The iPMBIDAHE is like all things Apple makes: Unable to crash, resistant to hacking, and it only detonates once it reaches your doorstep. The box is identical to a real iPod Mini box. The iPMBIDAHE even weighs as much as a real box. The ACFHT is second to none in dealing with credit fraud.

Watch out for the ACFHT's other rumored products that are soon to be making an appearance:
    G5HCA --The G5 with HydroChloric Acid will attack the fraudulent buyer with 98.6% pure acid once the box is opened

iPSTCFS-- iPod Socks That Contain FiberGlass are, once held in your hand, going to give you a nasty rash and in some cases an allergic reaction. They can also cause breathing impediment

RSiM20-- The Radiation Spewing iMac 20" irradiates the user with a wide arc of gamma rays which they cannot escape because the screen size is so large it can cover a 10 foot square room with deadly radiation. Can be set to Alpha or X-Ray as well.

ESD-- The Exploding SuperDrive takes the disc that is inserted and spins it so fast the disk flies through the drive and the case, wounding the user. The laser on the ESD will heat up the plastic so that it may transverse up to 2" of solid Aluminum (with all Apple products being made of the stuff it is a safe amount of "buffer" to have incase there is another product between the ESD and the user that is to be terminated). The ESD is rumored to be able to fit into all Macintosh models, but one source says that it is a firmware update that allows the ESD to work. The firmware update is cheaper and easier to use once the current Superdrives are upgraded, and seems to be the more likely choice right now.

9. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

Yes, I'm surprised the order went through. Usually the address is checked against the card on the spot by the computer.