King Cobra in MacAddict!!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Macmaniac, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

A picture is worth 1653 words.

Attached Files:

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    Re: King Cobra in MacAddict!!!!

he he he....very nice! ;)

congrats King Cobra... :D
  3. G4scott macrumors 68020

Jan 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Good job King Cobra.

I wish I had an iPod... Then I'd break his record :p
  4. teabgs macrumors 68030

Jan 18, 2002
    behind you
    Congrats King Cobra..

proof that being a geek leads to money....;)

wait till I get my iPod....2000 here I come...:D
  5. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    I didn't realize I would get that much publicity!

Well, here is my acceptance speech...

You know, this is just too much for me. I mean, all I expected was to have my name, score and picture posted on a website and get emailed a little certificate. I never expected it to reach a magazine and enter the common public.

For me, 1653 took a long time and a lot of effort to do. And IMPO I think it brings the level of competition back to anyone who can handle it. I played and scored that record at 16 years old. So, basically, I think anyone can do it as well.

When I first broke 1000 I thought I could not be beat. But a few of my "amigos" on the Macrumors forums recommended a site for me to check out. I found out that there were people, who managed to do better than me. I wasn't too surprised, as I knew I wasn't the best at the time. But I kept working at beating the record, which stood as 1505. I worked all the way to the last few hours before the deadline, before I sent in the photo. I knew that I had the record in the books.

For me it was a great experience, and I recommend it for anyone, who is either a hardcore game player, or just wants to be the best. Whether you do it by heart or by your own instinct if you have the spare time and patience it will pay off.

I am sure that one day someone may break my record and go to 1700, maybe 1800. And IMHO, I swear it, if you have the heart, talent and patience for what it takes you will be a success.

I look forward to seeing competition in the future, or whenever someone postes a picture on the Macrumors forums with a new record score. I would like to acknowledge my father, my English and PE teachers, and everyone here at the Macrumors forums, who gave me that extra encouragement and told me to go the distance.

Again, it's been great. I'm sure that it's time to pass the torch on to someone else. But that person still has to beat me. Have a great holiday, everyone! :cool:
  6. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

Mar 11, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    lol. King Cobra representin'

Nice work. You need to get a job, bro. :)

7. krossfyter macrumors 601

Jan 13, 2002
    secret city
  8. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    Nice going King Cobra!
    Anyone know what page that's on?
  9. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    It's on page 11.
    Now why did MacAddict get rid of their old rating system?
  10. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    Hey, Queen Cobra, you going to use that $30 to finally get the mug and become a demi-god or twat??? :D
  11. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

congrats King Cobra, that kicks arse;)
    are you gonna frame the article on your wall, i would:D
  12. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    now i feel famous knowing you thru these rumor boards...he he

i will tell my machead friends about your famous feat

some mac people where i live already heard of eyelikeart
  13. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2002
    Deep within the heart of madness!
    Quite a fine speech.

I have some real respect for Mr Kinf Cobra despite the fact that his icon still scares me!
  14. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Nov 4, 2001
    Most of the top 20 have had appeared in our local Mac User Group, in an article explaining what MacRumors is etc...

Congrats King Cobra
  15. teabgs macrumors 68030

Jan 18, 2002
    behind you

Oh really.....????

Would you care to post this for curious parties?

16. drastik macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2002
    Way to go King Cobra!

I know a few people in our local User Group check out this site and some other rumor sites pretty often, its not that uncommon. If you do a search for anything rumor related, really, you'll come up with