King of Prussia, PA (Apple Store)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by SonoViva, Jun 8, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

SonoViva

I'll be there June 24th to pick up my pre-ordered iPhone 4! Also bringing my girlfriend who's getting her first iPhone ever! :apple:

Who else is planning on going to KoP?

2. macrumors 6502

Just got my order reservation to go through...I'll be there wearing my "This is my grumpy shirt" :p

3. macrumors member

ashmarie73

ill be there!! most likely fried to a crisp since.. ill be coming home from the beach! lol :p

4. macrumors 6502a

I have a reservation for the KOP store. I bet it will be worse than the 3g launch.

5. macrumors 6502

Hmmm, maybe I won't be wearing my t-shirt since I'll have to go straight to work after.

For those of you that went to the other iPhone launches at KOP, how early did you go? Will the mall even let you in before 7am?

6. macrumors newbie

viademarco

I plan to pick mine up after work that day.

Unless I start feeling froggy and decide to get in line. I would need to know more of how the mall and apple will handle the lines and entry. Should be interesting.

Only enough I kind of enjoy the line waiting. You meet some new people and some you wish you didn't meet.:D

7. macrumors 6502a

I went to the the 3G launch @ KoP around 10am. I waited in line for 6+ hours while they activated the phones :( They finally gave up and tolds us to activate them when we get home. I think they even had a hard time processing credit cards too :(

8. macrumors 68000

I pre-ordered upstairs at the AT&T store, because I wasn't sure if Apple would be able to apply an employee discount that I qualify for through a retailer. Not waiting in line because I have work (Even if I didn't, standing in line is boring), but I'll probably stop by after 5PM. The AT&T representative said they would call me, so I guess I'll have to wait for that.

9. macrumors 6502

Maybe I'll call the Apple store today to see when they're planning on opening the mall. It would be hilarious if they said they're opening the mall at 7am with a mad rush of people running to the store once the doors open...

10. macrumors regular

...thats how it was last year.

11. macrumors 65816

I'm debating on whether to go here or Ardmore since I will want to visit because I am getting it delivered to my home and want to see how the lines are.

12. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

Was there a line outside the mall before they opened the doors? You could really be screwed if you waited at the wrong mall door.

13. macrumors 6502

That main entrance where Citizen's Bank is and the walk through from the Plaza to the Court would be the logical entrance. Unless it's so crowded that it may be better just to go in from the Rite Aid side (if they even decide to open that door).

14. macrumors regular

Who's going to be there the night before? The KoP mall is just too popular to attempt a 6am arrival. They'll be hundreds there already.
    In fact I can't guess how early you'd have to be there to be first in line.
    I'd have to be out of there by 1pm and I just don't know if that's a guarantee no matter how early I get there....

15. macrumors newbie

Do you guys think the reserved line will take long?

16. macrumors member

jones.brian25

have my reservation there. no clue how early i need to show up. would like to be early. even with a reservation, i don't want to be there all day, even though i took off of work.

17. macrumors member

I was thinking of getting there by 5am with a couple friends, one of them has to be at work by 7:30 or not long after, think he'll make it? Maybe I'll go earlier, what was the earliest people were lined up last year?

18. macrumors newbie

That's what I'm concerned about. Ugh! :(

19. macrumors member

I'm cool with getting there at like midnight or 2 am, I just want to know if there is any point to go at that time.

20. macrumors 65816

I might be hitting here or Ardmore at 11pm

21. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

If you've already preordered, why are you going to either location, just so you can pat yourself on the back that you preordered instead of reserved?

22. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

Cool, is she hot?

23. macrumors member

jones.brian25

maybe we can get a group together here to meet in KOP at Midnight. i don't mind waiting all night but i don't want to be there alone (though i doubt that will be the case anyway) and maybe we can come up with a plan to bring certain things (snacks, drinks, etc). i know it sounds dorky but its a thought

24. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

I think midnight is too early. A bunch of us are coming at about 5 to watch the sunrise and do an iPhone dance. Should be a blast.

25. macrumors member

Yea I'm thinking of getting there around 5 with a couple friends