Kingdom Rush Frontiers Released

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by AppleRobert, Jun 6, 2013.

1. macrumors 68040

Nov 12, 2012
    I enjoyed the original lot, one of my favorite games. Some info on this front page about it:

Reviews look good and I think I'll scarf it up as I have been waiting anxiously for this one.
  2. macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Jan 7, 2012
    Thanks for the post, gonna go buy it now. I like how the IAPs do not get in the way of playing the game..hopefully that is true for Frontiers.
  3. macrumors 6502

Nov 4, 2012
    It looks like they still made it playable without IAP. I don't really care for how much the heroes cost, but I'd imagine you don't need those to complete the game either. I figure I'll use the free heroes until I've beaten the game and then go back and pay for the others and play around.

Honestly, this is a really small, incredibly hardworking dev team. I actually don't mind throwing them some extra money towards Heroes/gems. They deserve it.
  4. thread starter macrumors 68040

Nov 12, 2012
    I got stuck on the last mission in the original version Dark Fortress or some such and never spent any money to beat it and just gave up.

Now I was stuck on Lost Jungle in the new version and that is only about 8 battles in so I bought some gems and beat it so I could now continue. I did not buy a new hero though so far. I have Conan fully loaded and he pretty much rocks compared to the others available for free.
  5. macrumors 6502

Nov 4, 2012
    I would try looking at some strategies on YouTube before throwing away money on gems. It is possible to beat every level in both games on Hard/Veteran without using a single gem item.