Kings, Sharks and NorCal Playoff Futility

Discussion in 'Community' started by craigdawg, May 20, 2004.

1. craigdawg macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2004
    The Kings lost the deciding game 7 last night in Minnesota. The Sharks did the same in game 6 at Calgary.

Yet another bitter end of a sports season for the Nor Cal sports fan. I think there's a curse involved. Let's examine some recent post-season history:
    • SF Giants = 6 outs away from winning the 2002 World Series. Lost game 7 in Aneheim.
    • Oaktown A's = lost in the ALDS the past four years
    • 49ers = lost to the Bucs in the 2002 NFC Divisional Playoff
    • Rrrrrrraiders = lost to the Bucs in the 2002 Super Bowl
    • Golden State Warriors = last MADE the playoffs in 1994. Swept by the Phoenix Suns.
    • Stanford Men's Basketball = ranked No. 1 for most of the season, bounced by Alabama in the 2nd round
    The last major championship was the 49ers' 1994 Super Bowl. Before that, the 1989 World Series by the A's.

What about the MLS Champion San Jose Earthquakes? What about the Arena Football League Champion San Jose Cybercats? What about them. I'm talking about MAJOR sports; soccer and Arena Football don't count.

Yep, definitely a curse. I'm pinning the blame on Al Davis. :D
  2. Steradian macrumors 6502

Dec 3, 2002
    San Jose

Don't be dissing my 'quakes dude, Football is freakin awesome. The quakes just beat sporting not too long ago, that's pretty awesome although sporting hasn't had the greatest record of late. Yeah, Cal sports never seem to go all that well, Sad. I think it will be another 2 years before we something awesome, IE championship.
  3. krimson macrumors 65816

Oct 29, 2003
    Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    the Kings always choke in the end... just face it.. just like the Lakers are lazy. :cool:

and im still shocked that anaheim beat out the giants.
  4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

Mar 26, 2001
    Over The Rainbow
    Everything bad happens in the Oakland Area...
  5. craigdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2004
    I grew up in San Jo all we had way back in the day were the MISL Earthquakes, CBA Jammers, and a semi-pro football team called the Tigers.

Cal has the Axe though. I remember my 5th grade teacher--and Cal alum--made us learn the Cal fight song so she could have us "serenade" another teacher that was a Stanford alum during Big Game week and I've been a Cal fan ever since.