Kiosk-type slideshow presentation: suggestions for applications

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Argelius, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Argelius macrumors 6502

Jun 16, 2005
    I’m looking for some software ideas to accomplish the following task.

I am looking to create continuously-playing slideshow presentations to to play on a flat-screen tv/monitor (~42”) running on an Intel MacMini.

The monitor will be placed in the physician lounge of a hospital and its intended purpose is to be a source of “bullet-point” type information for physicians regarding a wide variety of topics (new drugs added to the hospital formulary, new hours of operation of the outpatient laboratory, etc -- pretty much general F.Y.I. stuff). (There will be no sound).

My current plan is to use Keynote which seems to meet the basic needs of this setup (although I’m not sure you can set it to continuously loop).

I am curious if anyone can recommend any other applications for this purpose. I’m a pathologist (but really a closet graphic designer), and love playing with graphic/multimedia applications. Keynote does the nuts and bolts of what I need -- looking for any recommendations of other applications that might give me more “wow factor”.

Thanks for your thoughts!
  2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

Jan 24, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    I'm pretty sure you could even do this in Acrobat, allowing you to create the slides in Photoshop, or Illustrator, or, well, really anywhere, since Macs can natively output to .pdf. I know you can set files to open in full screen mode...I'm less sure about automatically advancing from page to page, but I *think* you can. It would probably take more "slides" (pages) as any information that comes up separately would have to be another page....but it may work for what you're looking for.
  3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    Yes, Keynote can loop. click the Inspector button, then click the leftmost icon (dog-eared paper) in the little inspector window. You'll find the loop and delay options under the Document tab there.