Kismac Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nighteater537, May 5, 2006.

1. Nighteater537 macrumors member

Ok i got kismac, I LOVE IT, since i found a copy of it that suppoats airport extreme passive mode, works with out a hitch, howver it wont let me inject packets or deauthenticate, myy question is there and software or version of kismac that will alow me to use aairport extreme, as an injector

Also i am looking to get another wireless card in order to improve my respecion, so what are some good cards annd or antaneas, Onces that are supported by kismac, also a link to there company site would be nice.

2. jon-chan macrumors newbie

As far as I know, kismac will never be able to use AirPort Extreme as an injector. Only cards based on the PrisimII chipset will be able to do that. Then again, I could be wrong, but I know that AirPort Extreme doesn't support packet injection.

3. terriyaki macrumors 6502a

You'll be able to use it as an injector as soon as the developers of KisMAC get access to the specifications of the Airport Extreme cards.

4. Nighteater537 thread starter macrumors member

ok, but what are somme cards that can be used as injectors, and can i get a link

5. terriyaki macrumors 6502a

Reading the Kismac homepage FAQ was so hard!

Supported cards:

6. Nighteater537 thread starter macrumors member

yes, but whichone has the best range and can be used as an i njector