KisMac on new MacBook Pro.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brewno, Jul 7, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

I have the new MacBook Pro "Santa Rosa" and I tried installing KisMac but it doesn't seem to work with the default settings. I even tried adding an USB (wbkg) wifi card, but no success. Anyone with better luck than me?

2. macrumors regular

Fayler

Nope, I haven't been able to get it to work either. I'm not a terminal wizard so I can't do half of the stuff the trouble shooting guide tells me to do. I've only tried the Airport settings and I haven't bought a USB adapter to try yet. Has anyone found a solution?

3. macrumors newbie

icafe

4. macrumors regular

icafe, over a year later, I've found this post very useful. That build seems to work for my C2D (Santa Rosa) MBP. Thanks.

5. macrumors regular

Personally, I gave up on Kismac. Look into BackTrack 3 with a supported external card. And if you have Parallels its even better.

6. macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

I'm running into the same issues and decided to go the Backtrack3 route. Installed no problem via vmware fusion yet Im having toubles installing vmware tools....argh:mad:

Anyone?

7. macrumors 6502a

coledog

How you get it to work?

8. macrumors newbie

VMware tools on Backtrack 3 final

I was running VMware 2.0 and tried to update the tools, I received a "/dev/cdrom" error, I ended up downloading the .iso files for the tools from VMware and mounting the .iso file and using tar to copy the files to the /tmp folder, then launched the VMware installer from there. It works but Backtrack still doesn't see the broadcom card.
    SgtSak

9. macrumors 6502

pianoplayer1

Does collecting packets work with the internal card on Backtrack?