Kissinger: Iraq Military Win Impossible

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Nov 19, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

AP

will bush listen? or will he continue to take a hard line on iran and dump this whole mess into the lap of the next president?

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

bush will dump it on the next president and if the next president is a dem then bush spin team will put the whole mess that bush has started on the dems .. :mad: :mad:

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Neoconservatives have a really hard time with that last point: that our options are not simply a choice between two binary opposites.

Bush has shown no ability so far for complex thought, but we can only hope that he starts getting too much advice to ignore.

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I'm no fan of Baker, but he seems to be the only person in a position to influence bushco at this point in time. Let's hope dialogue with all of Iraq's neighbors is a part of his advice. One could also hope that he will advice a firm stance on Israel, but that's probably hoping for too much.

Every poll that I've seen about why so many in the ME are upset with the US centers around Israel and Palestine.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

After listening to Tony Snow talk about stuff like this, I won't get my hopes up. First he says he's open to new ideas, but then when the press pushed further and asked what points, he said a lot of them were off the table. That Bush wouldn't even think of them, let alone implement any.

We've already lost the war, it's just a matter of when we realize it and actually can admit to it.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bush says we cant win if we leave, didnt we win in Vietnam after we left? Bush isnt open to any new ideas, thats pretty clear. He wants to stay the course so he can win his war on WMDs that Iraq didnt have.

Govts never have a problem spending our tax dollars and young people on stupid conflicts, Iraq is another grand stupid conflict brought to us by the ones who never have to fight.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Molly Ivins had an interesting take on this. She said that for all of Dubya's life, he's been failing at businesses and his daddy's been sending in people to help bail him out.

And here we are with a failing war, and lo and behold, who has to come to the rescue? The Iraq Study Group, led by Daddy's former Secretary of State, James Baker.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. :rolleyes:

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Kissinger is correct,today some shiites lit up some sunni's and burned them alive while the security force watched? Also lit up some temples. Civil war Brought to Iraq by Bush & Cheney. Iraq was in better shape before Bush got involved with Saddam running it. 400 billion so the Shiites can run the whole mid east? And Bush wants to stay the course.