Kitchen Appliance Recomendations

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by glocke12, Nov 14, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jan 7, 2008
    Hurricane Sandy pretty much wiped out my entire kitchen (double oven, dishwasher and fridge).

Most of are too old to fix and need replacing. Any specific brands I should think of or stay away from?

2. macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    I worked myself into a black hole of reviews when shopping for a new fridge. I went with GE myself. I was always told to stay away from LG and Samsung but it seems many buy these brands and suffer no issues. I guess it all comes down to personal choice and warranty.

For ovens, on the other hand, I long for a Wolf.
  3. macrumors 604

Jul 6, 2009
    Been using Whirlpool forever, so we just stick with that. Though GE should be pretty good too as many people have them. I would just make sure that you read the reviews because sometimes they have really good or bad models for each brand. It really comes down to GE or Whirlpool if we need to get something.

As mentioned above, I'd stay away from Samsung or LG. They seem more expensive up front, and to repair (if necessary). Their reliability is also questionable.
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 7, 2008
    what about kitchen aid ? ive actually been giving that brand serious consideration.
  5. macrumors 603

Aug 19, 2008
    The Anthropocene
    If you have the cash, Miele makes some nice appliances.
  6. macrumors newbie

Nov 14, 2012
    installed the bosch dishwasher a few months ago. very quiet, very strange.
    There are many online shops that provide many home appliances.I have also an experience with that have wonderful stands for appliances...
  7. macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2008
    We've got a Bosch dishwasher. Poor performance - wouldn't recommend it. Previous one (this new one replaced) was pretty good but the new one isn't a patch on it.

I'd also avoid De Dietrich and Neff ovens.

But as they say YMMV.
  8. macrumors member

Apr 23, 2012
    Very good brand. They are made by Whirlpool - they are the high end line (think of it being like a Lexus, a high end Toyota)