Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
AU
A jolly good result at Elland Road last night.

Good coverage here.

First time that NZ has beaten Australia in a rugby league series since 1953.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Hehehehehehe...

Always a pleasure to see the Aussies lose badly against us. Or anybody else for that matter. :D

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
AU
Yeah ...

League
Union
Cricket
Netball

... next ?

I guess we can let them be the World Australian Rules Football champs.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Yeah, very sheepish right now. At least we're looking good in the cricket, keen to make the Ashes loss just a bad memory next summer, the boys are looking hungry for a win again and we've treated the Windies with absolute disdain.

Mind you the rubgy result was pretty damn shocking. There needs to be a good bloodletting at the ARU headquarters - wouldn't surprise me if Eddie Jones, George Gregan and one or two more of the old guard go.

As for the rugby league, I don't care.

Netball? YIKES!! We got creamed!! Man, talk about a role reversal, we're now playing like Kiwis and Poms.... well, like they used to.

Ashes 06/07 is going to be epic, can't wait to get there, might have to go to a few days if work can spare me.

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
AU
A couple of years ago I would have agreed about League - never really interested me. But with players swapping between codes League is changing for the better, I think - it is getting faster, more of a running game. And living for the moment in UK league country (a mile from Elland Road) has made it more interesting for me (go Rhinos!).

The '06 Boxing Day test at the MCG will be electric (I assume that will be one of the Ashes series).
I'll be there.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
kiwi-in-uk said:
A couple of years ago I would have agreed about League - never really interested me. But with players swapping between codes League is changing for the better, I think - it is getting faster, more of a running game.

The '06 Boxing Day test at the MCG will be electric (I assume that will be one of the Ashes series).
I'll be there.

Boxing Day Test will be awesome, me and a few mates go to the second day of the Sydney New Year's Test everyday, I think for this tour we'll need to get in early and get tickets for at least the first three days (imagine the hangovers!!) I hope it's a good sunny warm summer (not too hot, not too cold) and we get every day of the games in.

Five days at the SCG drinking overpriced dodgy beer and munching on some Four n' Twenty pies? Heaven.

Add in some cricket, Even better!!

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
AU
Yeah ... Four n Twenty pies.
Can't beat that scalding dribble down the t-shirt!.

The Barmy Army is getting ready for the tour now. Tickets will be like hens' teeth.

Edit: at least you get dodgy Sydney beer, rather than the even dodgier Melbourne ****

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
kiwi-in-uk said:
Yeah ... Four n Twenty pies.
Can't beat that scalding dribble down the t-shirt!.

The Barmy Army is getting ready for the tour now. Tickets will be like hens' teeth.

Oh god those guys are fun, can't wait!!!

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
AU
greatdevourer said:
And you smashed the Scottish yesterday, too. What was it? 29:3?
29 - 10
Didn't watch it.
2nd grand slam in 100 years - the first was in 1978.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.