Knight in shining armor!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by G4scott, Apr 13, 2003.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

OK, some may not think too much about this, but if you've ever been in a PC-centric school you'd see the humor.

You see, my school is almost 100% dell. They don't believe in Macs, because they are too expensive (yet they have think different posters in a display case). Well, they have this wonderful wireless mobile lab, that they can't take upstairs. Anyways, they're in the library, and my brother (with my old iBook) is there with his class working on a project. Well, they take a picture to show off their technology, and put it on the website... Here's a link: http://mws.mcallen.isd.tenet.edu/mchi/index.shtml . The white computer is the iBook. It's hilarious.

I did the same thing earlier this year, except they didn't take a picture. The librarians wanted to know how I was connected. They couldn't believe that a kid with a Mac could connect that easily. One of the librarians, I know, is extremely anti-mac. It was hilarious.

Here are some images...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Do you know why the librarian is anti- Mac? A reason beside the price! Great photo! ;)

4. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

I don't really know. I send him an e-mail suggesting they look at PowerSchool, and using Macs as an alternative to the computers they use today, because you can do more with a Mac. The only thing they use the pee-cee's for are attendance and grades. He sent a reply back saying that they have to prepare students for the real world, and that macs have less than 5% of the market share, and that I should put away my toys...

His reply pissed me off, so I said "cockroaches outnumber humans by the billions, but that doesn't make them smarter than us, does it?"

He's just the typical anti-mac guy... There's no convincing him...

5. medea macrumors 68030

medea

"Macintosh, the power to crush other kids...."

6. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

hmmmmmm this must be a new slogan... Is this from the
    'kill kids kampaign???' hehe :).

7. Steradian macrumors 6502

8. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Just goes to show you that pedantic teachers are as damaging as any bad teacher.
    Some of the most idiotic people I've ever known have been teachers. Frightening.

9. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

that is a great picture, i may print it out to show to a friend who works in a library ;)

10. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

The main problems teachers at my Uni have with Macs are that they are not as fast as PCs and more ex*****ve, but at least they do admite they are easier to use and they use them over PCs for graphic related stuff.

11. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Why has the word e x p e n s i v e got asterixed out in my last post?

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

because you mispelled it as expen|sve :)

I see. Lol. McIntosh Jr.

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The armor may just begin to tarnish after release of Mac OS X 10.3 & PPC 970 G5! :)

14. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

thats great, im gonna make a thread on comebacks to pc people, they are so much fun to think of.

iJon

15. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

:( my school has some dell wireless base stations, but i can't connect to them at all. they don't even show up on my airport, much less require a login. i was disappointed.

16. janey macrumors 603

janey

man...our librarian is a ****ing bitch, and so is the computer/tech teacher...
    they both yelled at me after i brought a wireless router and a powerbook to school so i could work on my project on my beautiful TOP OF THE ****ING LINE powerbook (not those crappy iMacs running os 9 or those PC's with win 3.1 and 95, maybe a few with 98 or 2k) somewhere other than the labs or the library.
    they both think that top of the line is something that's so not top of the line (check out my thread in the switch forum) and they think that anything that i do is dangerous, since i'm one of the four mac users on campus.

17. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

my high school doesn't have many macs, but we do have a few. almost all the teacher are getting dells right now.

my school has the "think different" posters hanging up in the library too. but, there aren't many macs in the school.

thats pretty funny to watch anti-mac people see how easy everything works on a mac! :D

18. janey macrumors 603

janey

our graduating class's motto is think different and our mascot is tux the linux penguin :D
    i got some of my teachers to switch...:p

19. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

great motto! it never gets old! :D

are those teachers happy with there switch?

20. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I see no Windows - just be glad of that. ;)