Know anything about Outliners/Brainstorming Software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bobkinder, Aug 17, 2005.

1. bobkinder macrumors newbie

Jul 31, 2005
    I want to purchase an outliner to help me organize projects, etc.

Can anyone recommend one for me? I just ordered my new Powerbook. Does it come with OmniOutliner? Is it the basic version? If so, do you recommend that it be upgraded to the Pro version?

What about the Curio Pro from Zengobi?

2. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Sep 16, 2001
    Tuttlingen, Germany
    My PowerBook came with both OmniOutliner and OmniGraffle. Both are awesome for brainstorming, putting together flow charts, and doing simple things that would be just as easy to do on paper. It just looks prettier on the computer ;)
  3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    I believe that the version of OnmiOutliner you get might well be the old version, but that would entitle you to a lower cost if you upgrade to version 3.
  4. Linkjeniero macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2005
    If you really care to attach videos and pictures to the files, they you should consider upgrading OmniOutliner. In my opinion though it's not really worth it; and it's definitely not worth upgrading OmniGraffle, since the only difference I can see with the upgraded version is that you can color and put shadow on the charts... maybe I'm mistaken, but you should try the included versions for a while and see if you really need the extra features
  5. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    OmniGraffle is the way to go! However, if it's a new PowerBook, I'm not sure if it comes with it (or is it just Tiger on it's own that doesn't come with the goodies)
  6. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

Dec 30, 2001
    The SimCity Deli
    You might like to try StickyBrain, which although not an outliner, it does have quite a number of features that lets you toss all sorts of info & pix & what-have-you into it.