Know they Enemy: Gay Marriages and what *they* think...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Neserk, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I was flipping through the channels and happened on a relgious station

www.crm.tv

I was quite amazed that the "minister" thinks that the reason gay people want to get married is NOT so they can have all the benefits that straight people have in marriage but because they actually want to destroy marriage! :eek: *They* (as he kept refering to gay people) want sexual confusion.

Where the hell is he coming up with this stuff?

Oh, apparently feminists also want to destroy marriage. :rolleyes: I missed the first part of the sermon so I don't know what lies he was spreading there.

I changed the channel then changed it back. I figured I was better off knowing what kind of ridiculous arguments he was making. They prayed that the Marriage ammendment would go through. I wonder what he thinks now that God didn't answer his prayer?

Is he the enemy? Well, yes and no. To me someone with that kind of power he makes statements like that which show he has no clue what he is talking about is the enemy of honesty. OF course, I'm biased. I grew up in a church where they did that a lot and when I discovered it, it really pissed me off.

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

It's all part of the gay leftist hippie non-christian junkie sass-mouth consipracy, don'tcha know?

3. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

LOL... It is amazing to me (even though it shouldn't be) the crazy stuff that these people come up with. I grew up in the midst of it and was in shock when I found out how wrong they were about feminists. I taught them! I joined the other team :eek: :D

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Yeah, there's some pretty nutty stuff out there.

Ooops, gotta go. The 700 club is on. :D

Lethal

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Sass-mouths... straight to hell. I mean heck.

6. diamond geezer macrumors regular

I flicked onto a Religious channel a few weeks ago, they has a pseudo news bulletin explaining that what was happening in the Middle East is all fortold.

Russia is going to help Iran get nukes and there will be a conflict with Israel which will start Armageddon.

They didn't seem to be taking sides, they just suggested that if you wanted to be among those who get "taken up", you'd better get saved real soon.

7. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Salesmen :rolleyes: I noted when I worked in a church (long story) that ministers make good sales men (at least the males -- not enough females to say either way). I've seen quite a few either take a break or leave church work and do it, too -- quite successfully. Then I realized it is the same thing. Gotta convince people that your product is the best... I wonder how many times the Brookly bridge has been sold...

8. Crikey macrumors 6502

Did anyone but me see "Coral Ridge Miinistries" and think it was some kind of joke alluding to female genitalia?

Umm, I hope it was okay to post that. ;-)

Crikey

9. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

didn't think that but now that you mention it...