Kodak easy share- iphoto

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Hackcomic.com, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Hackcomic.com macrumors regular

Dec 6, 2003
    I am helping my parents with their new Kodak camera and easy share printer dock 6000.

My question is- I can put the camera on the dock and hit Transfer and all the pics then go to iphoto- nice and easy.

Now, if I have a picture in iphoto and I want it to print out on the kodak easy share printer dock- can I do this? I haven't installed any of the easy share software as I don't want to somehow have it chose that instead of iphoto.

I guess the question is- how can I print something in iphoto on the easy dock without having to take out the sd card- save it on the ssd card and then insert it in the camera? Do I have to load in the easy share software into the mac- which then will set up the dock just as another printer that they must chose?

Simplest easiest way is what I am looking for. Thanks!
  2. osprey76 macrumors 6502

May 3, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I would suggest looking the Apple KnowledgeBase under iPhoto. I don't have the Mac version of Kodak's software (or that hardware) to test it out.

I do have a Kodak digital camera here at work with the EasyShare software. I can say it is rather annoying to use after being used to iPhoto. The camera is okay (DX4330), though I'd rather get a Nikon or Canon for the money ($300). The pictures are almost always underexposed. You can fix it with software, but that gets rather old. You step up the exposure manually, but this resets every time you cycle the power on the camera.

Anyway, the software is not easy nor intuitive for arranging pictures. You're always forced to have albums or pictures in some date or name order. You can't just rearrange things as you see fit.

So, good luck with the problem, but stay away from Kodak's software! (Unless you need it to support their hardware.)
  3. Hackcomic.com thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 6, 2003
    Thanks. I installed just the easy share driver and the printing works- sort of- I can't sem to find the proper settings to get it to print correctly to the easy share. I called Kodak and they told me to use their Kodak softwear to which I replied "Are you insane? I have a Mac."

Where is this iphoto knowledge base I cant seem to find it.