Kodak v610 or v705 (digital cameras)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by blueion, Jan 12, 2007.

1. blueion macrumors newbie

Oct 16, 2006
    So I need a new digital camera and want one that takes quality pictures and is small. I like the Kodak v610 and the Kodak v705 because they have an on camera panorama stich mode that lets you combine 2 or 3 pictures into on panoramic picture. I was wondering if anyone had one or knew whether they were good cameras. My last kodak camera died so I am not 100% certain I really want to buy anouther camera from them, suggestions on other cameras are welcome too.
  2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

Apr 14, 2006
    Clemson, SC
    I'm not too fond of Kodak cameras, to be honest. Have used a couple and they're just.. eh. They're good for point and shoots, but if you want quality, they're just not the right pick, IMO.

Course, I haven't had any experience with those two models specifically, so maybe it's just the ones that I've used..

I do love my fuji digital, though. It's cheaper than your picks, too. It's 9MP, fully manual settings (as well as automatic when you want that), RAW format... I read a lot of reviews and all were really good - a lot of professionals used it as their backup "go" camera.

But yeah, $275 from Amazon - just another option, anyways.