Kofi Annan: Iraq War was illegal

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Well, he hasn't been exactly out front in the denouncing of the war, but I'll take whatever help we can get. Kofi Annan's statements to the BBC are well worth the time to read them.

Striking another blow for the idea of the "rule of law", George?

2. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Look out: Sarcasm.

;)
    You actually want the U-S-of-A to bow to some group of old pantywaist europeans who owe us their countries anyways? Geez.... what ere ya a pinko? ;)

3. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

LOL, yes, but to give credit where it is due, I think it was those commies who drew up the US constitution who inspired all of this seditious talk. ;)

4. toontra macrumors 6502

I think the timing of this is interesting, coming as it does days before the publishing of the final report of the Iraq Survey Group, which is expected to say that not a shread of evidence of the much-hyped stockpiles of WMD, or even any production programs, has been found.

Practically everything Colin Powell said in such emphatic tones to the UN in February 2003 turns out (as many of us suspected) to be utter ****, propaganda in the crudest form as an attempt to justify an illegal military invasion.

Hurray for the new world order - you're either with us or you're in the target zone.

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The rule of international law, anyway -- which as we all know, counts for nothing when it isn't serving US interests.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I saw that article, IJ. I'm going to use that in the project I'm working on.