Konfabulator is Amazing!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by oldschool, Feb 9, 2004.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

I just downloaded konfabulator and I have to say i'm amazed. It's elegant. It's fantastic.

Questions though:

What does making the level of the window to be "bottom" do? how is this different from normal?

Also any recommended widgets out there?

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

yeah Konfab can do some pretty neat stuff. but honestly i hardly use it now...

i do use the countdown widget occasionally... the one that looks like the Apple countdown to Panther thing they had on their main page.

there's also some interesting widgets that just dance accross your desktop, like Gir. He he. :)

>> sweet! there's a new version out as well, so now it keeps desktop level widgets on the screen when you use Expose! i've been waiting for that. :D

more widgets: there's Kung Foo Jason, he does some moves on you desktop. i think the counter one is called Flip Count.

one thing i wish they would make is something like a MP3 dancer widget... i mean a good one with good moves that responds well to the audio. they could have different profiles as well... he he, that could be good. :D

and i guess that 'bottom' level will keep the widget under everything else. just try it i guess?
    hope that helps you out. :) anyone else might as well post their fav wigets as well... it's always good to come accross a good one.

3. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

thanks for your ideas...i like kung foo jason :D

One that I found was the CNN widget...it displays a picture and scrolling news headlines...

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Re: Konfabulator is Amazing!

If you like baseball, check out MLB ticker during the season. It uses ESPN's GameCast feed, and shows headshots of the players along with pitch by pitch announcing.

5. heidilux macrumors newbie

My favorites are:

Diskspace
    mini Weather
    Network Info
    Date and Time

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i just thought of another good widget. a couple actually, they allow you to view live feeds from cameras stationed around the SF bay area and Germany i think. different widgets for each cam. do a search, should turn them up. :)