Konfabulator Will Strike Back....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CubaTBird, Apr 16, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

How much do you guys want to bet that the dudes over at Konfabulator will come out with like a 2.0 of their software and it will be even more jaw dropping than dashboard ever will be! :rolleyes: Well anyway.. what would eventually become of that company? Slowly fade away?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

im not sure how Konfabulator could beat Dashboard personally, but i know that they are working on a Windows version of their software, so they may have a market there if they get the publicity for it and whatnot

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

But it won't be cool as Dashboard, because Windows graphics subsystem sucks.

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

They've had a Windows version out for quite a while now.

5. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

I wish Apple would just leave gimmicky crap like this out of their OS and let those who want it support small Mac developers. They've screwed over so many shareware developers, it's sad :(

6. Logik macrumors 6502a

I just posted a comment on this on the Konfab forums.

Arlo said a release is coming soon. My bet is that they'll release around the time of Tiger... and it'll use CoreImage to show Dashboard a thing or two.

K isn't going anywhere. It'll survive on Windows alone. I think they got a lot of devouted OS X users too who will probably make it worth their while on there too.

I am kind of anxious to see what happens with the windows version since i bought the windows version but i'm leaving the OS X thing alone for now in hopes of Dashboard providing what i need. But we'll see. Since nothing exists on windows like K i bought it.. $25 wasn't a bad deal.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

shows how much i stay up to date on this stuff, my mistake :eek:

guess it comes from using only OS X these days im not terribly knowledgeable about PCs that much anymore

8. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I run Knofabulator on my PC and it runs well. I don't see anything wrong with it. Although I think more widgets are compatible with the Mac though. :)

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

just out of curiosity, can Konfabulator for pc use the expose trick? or is that a mac only feature? because i cant see that working to well with windows at all

10. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

To my knowledge it only lets you see the widgets alone when you press one of the F keys but, there aren't any fancy tricks. It just fades to a screen where the widgets are visible.

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ah cool, i was just wondering how they would incorporate something like that, interesting......

12. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Yeah, basically Konsposé is just a window behind the widgets, so only the widgets show. Not anything like the real Exposé.

I don't think that Konfabulator and Dashboard can really go at it feature wise, unless K decides to make it a background layer like Dashboard. Some people like the widgets on their desktop, some don't. They should emphasize on what they have, and expand from there.
    -Chase

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I'd rather put down a bet that if it comes out it will suck (resources) worse than ever... but would rather bet money that the guy will go down whining like a little girl.