Konfabulator

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Butler Trumpet, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Butler Trumpet macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

Is konfabulator an alright program? Has anyone had any bad experiences with it?
    I'm using it right now, and so far its been great, other than my finder locked up for the first time ever a few minutes ago, I mean I know its bound to happen sooner or later, but Im just trying to make sure that konfabulator is not the cause.
    Thanks~!

2. vampirepiggy macrumors newbie

vampirepiggy

I really doubt it. Konfabulator hasn't caused any problems for me in the past.

3. Butler Trumpet thread starter macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

Yeah, it isnt causing me problems now.... must have been a fluke. Only thing now is that there is a little popup every day that tells you to register... but thats pretty easy to get rid of.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

Other than the fact that it is a resource hog, it's fine.

5. maya macrumors 68040

maya

One of the main reasons why I got rid off it. Not worth it unless it is better at memory management. :)

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ditto, and its not the most functional of programs, i mean its nice and all, but really whats the point? i dont know what makes it that great, sure some of the widgets are cool, but then your desktop gets cluttered, i dont know maybe its just me i just thought it was a pain to use

7. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I got annoyed with Konfab for the same reasons but I haven't tried it since they've introduced Konspose - a much smarter implementation. To be honest I'm not bothered, I'm content to wait for Dashboard.

8. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Konspose is no better, I much rather wait for DashBoard it should move faster and smarter than Konfab and the makers know this thats why they are porting it to x86.

I like it for about a week until I found something better to use, plus I found out it using way too much system power for nothing and this is with 512 ram.

I am happy with without it. :)

9. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

I like the BetterWhatsGoingOn widget, and thats the only one I run. Its pretty useful too, unless you already run top on your desktop.