Kopete for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Osarkon, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

After messing around with Kopete in Ubuntu for a week, I was wondering if there's a version of it for mac. I like adium and all, but it doesn't seem to support custom emoticons which is a nuisance when my contacts love to use them. Kopete supports it, or at least will display them. I've used Mercury Messenger before, but its not exactly pleasing to the eye for me, and has serious stability issues. I also tried aMsn, but strangely enough it won't run.

Anybody know if there's a version for mac available? :confused:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

(1) I don't think there's a Kopete pre-built for OS X.

(2) You might also try Proteus or Fire, although I'm not sure either do custom emoticons.

(3) Some sites seem to indicate that Adium 1.0 beta has custom emoticons... so you might try upgrading to the beta and see how it works.

EDIT: I finally tried Adium 1.0 beta 19 myself. It does indeed support custom emoticons. So far it seems fairly stable and very nice. :)

3. Osarkon thread starter macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Also just tried it out, you're right, it does :D Now if only it would stick my username and display picture at the top of the contact list to make it easier to change them:rolleyes: Cheers!