Kororinpa

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So it's out tomorrow! Anyone picking it up? I'll have my student loan in so I'm thinking about picking this and Excite Truck up.

It's a shame they're asking full price for this game, but meh. £30 isn't too bad I suppose.

2. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

Hmm

I hanv't heard anything about this game.
    I'm going to wait for a review.

3. pcypert macrumors 6502

That's a full game? Use your brother or friends 360 and just do a live download of marble blast or something similar and save some bucks....yawn.

Paul

4. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

No gryo=fail
    that's like playing Lemmings or Worms without a mouse, Half Life 2 without a keyboard and mouse. Seriously though... good laugh :)

I've never cared for marble games in the past. I like how the Wii can open genres to a wider audience :D

6. pcypert macrumors 6502

This is what others were talking about on other threads....if something like this came out for live you'd be all over how crappy marble games are...but now that it's for Wii, before you've even played it to know if gyros work, you're so eager to defend.

Two things I get from this. On the Wii games that are mediocre in original design can for some reason be better because you twist your wrist instead of twisting a knob. It's still the same game concept even if one is suddenly using his wrists instead of the game knob. Gameplay is essentially the same...same object in the game, same overall concept, etc...just because one is making the marble roll in a slightly different way doesn't make it a new game. If I didn't like marble run games before (I actually kind of do) I won't suddenly like it now...once the novelty wears off.

The other thing I get is how incredibly forgiving you are to NES stuff and not to others.

Paul

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Well it seems to work in Monkey Ball, why won't it for this? It was the presentation in Monkey Ball that has always thrown me off (picky I know) so I didn't pick up the Wii version myself.
    I've played MB on the Gamecube and on the Wii enough to know that this works genre works with gyros. Gameplay is totally different; the interface to control the game is absolutely different. It's like saying the gameplay in Half Life 2 on the PC versus Xbox is the same, it's really slowed down in the Xbox version because you can't get the same level of control as a mouse :)
    case in point (has wired 360 controller next to me), how do you get the super precise movements seeing the analogue nub "locks" into the centre? I'd prefer a control method with total freedom.

So there we go. I didn't like marble games even on previous Nintendo machines :rolleyes: Come on now! You can do better than that.

Forgiving to NES? What has the NES got to do with it, are you going to go on about Marble Madness? :D

8. pcypert macrumors 6502

NES was just my way of saying all things Nintendo.

Yes it makes the game slightly different and I guess for you that totally changes things...but no it doesn't make it into something different for me or other people not really interested in marble games. It's like you have something to look at so you can twist your wrist...wow. I can think of better things to look at and twist my wrist (ok...really bad joke) :)

I'm looking forward to HL2 on the 360...love the 360 controller. Played HL 1 I'm assuming you meant on the regular Xbox quite a bit. I love the controller and think it works great for FPS's and other games. They aren't two different games. After an hour or more you aren't paying attention to control you are paying attention to the game. So I'm not looking with the mouse I'm looking with the left thumb wheel. Moving on, if the game is still interesting that's what I'm concentrating on. Same half life story line, monsters, weapons, etc (for the most part, I know a lot was lost on the port). But Half Life doesn't become a racing game or something else because I changed controllers. It's still an engaging story with some intense fights at times and an all around good FPS.

I've seen plently of precise movement from the 360 controller...play someone in halo and try and tell me precise movements aren't possible ;)

You may say otherwise but you are so quick to forgive games for the Wii or other nintendo stuff...read back through your stuff and take an honest look and say that's not the case. I mean, heck, you gave TWP best game of 2006 a couple weeks before you even owned the system :)

Paul

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm taking back ExciteTruck today, & also trading in Rayman Raving Rabids,

and plan to get this & crackdown.

Korinpa is probably more my style of game. I love my mercury, and monkeyballs

10. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I like SMB and Zelda's Marble mini games, but I'm not really interested in buying a game that is entirely that concept. But I would like to try it out. :)

<]=)

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just read the UK review over on IGN and it's put me off.

That's just not worth €50 for me.

Added to a rather poor camera

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'll pass...It doesn't look interesting at all...Its just not my type of game.

Bless

13. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Just got it. I'm hoping that I'll finish this withing the 14 day return date. It's really bloody fun! But if it's too short then I'll wait for a sequel.

Everything aside - it's a lot of fun.

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Who does a 14 day return ?

15. pcypert macrumors 6502

Yikes...a three hour game for 50lbs!!! Crap. You could have a really nice date for that much that'll go a lot longer than 3 hours :)

If it had online possibilities or map downloads or abilities to create your own maps maybe...but that's just a plain crappy game for the price. They should've worked their way into a mini game for some real game with 40 levels...could be a great find once the systems been out for two years or so though...find it for 5 bucks or so and play through it like a rental...

Paul

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well I took back a couple of games and had enough in trade in to cover this & crackdown, but I must have got a stomach bug or somthing because I've been feeling major ill that last couple of hours and had to stop 3 times on the way home from town to vomit...

Going to bed now for a while so wot be playing it till 2moro :eek: :(

17. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Well I just found it cheaper on Froogle. Taking it back next week and rebuying it online :D oh I'm such a penny pincher.

The music is beautiful :eek:

18. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Oh damn, it's out?! Totally forgot about this title.
    Ah crap. SSX Blur is out next Tuesday, and I've dedicated my BestBuy giftcards to it already. Well, my roommate might pick this up when I tell him it's out..

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Indeed....does it have online...opps nevermind:)
    50 bones can get you alot of tacos my friend.

Bless

20. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Well here it's almost half price of Xbox 360/PS3 games instore, £5-10 less than other Wii games.

Tony Hawk Downhill Jam was £45 :confused: The only Wii game in Virgin Megastores over £35.

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well finished Kororinpa.

It didnt take me 3 hours though, it took me about 4 :rolleyes:

The camera really is awful. Why cant you control it ?

Not a bad game just utterly - completely flawed.

22. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Only 3 or 4 hours. :eek:

Hurray for published vomit. :)

<]=)

23. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ 4 hours including a break for a sandwich and a cup of tea no less ;) :D :eek:

Guess what game is getting returned ?

24. pcypert macrumors 6502

Where's the jimmi defense posts :)

MRU: but it was four hours of playing AND getting to tilt your controller. That's why it came out. Some aren't going to like really short overpriced marble games...but most ARE because now they can tilt their wrists slightly instead of their thumb...more like you ARE the marble ;)

Paul

25. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I finished it on Saturday night :)

I really like this. I can't complain about flawed games but everyone else can :p talk about double standards!