KOTOR on the nVidia cards under Tiger

Discussion in 'Games' started by eXan, May 27, 2005.

1. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Does KOTOR work properly on nVidia cards under Tiger? Mine doesn't even show the main menu: the game crashes! :confused:

2. GoldenHoya macrumors newbie

KOTOR on a powerbook

I've been playing it for the better part of a month now (very slowly mind you, 7 hrs clocked at present). It was ok until I got to Dantoine. Apparently big open spaces take what was a slight lag every so often into a mind numbing slow down. Is there anyhting that I can do to get it to run better?
    (Yah I know I'm answering a question with another quesiton, but I just stopped playing 2 minutes ago and saw this, figured I'd ask).
    I'm running a rev d powerbook, 1.5 ghz, 1.5 gig ram, 64mb vram. HELP! I don't want to have to buy it for xbox!

3. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

Yea, its very strange for Dantooine. I got HORRIBLE slowdowns in the open areas when I was running the game under 10.3.8-9. Its really strange, because I completed this game for around 8 times and never got this problem before. But under Tiger KOTOR doesnt even launch!

4. a2daj macrumors member

Apple's NVIDIA drivers are borked under 10.4. The Doom 3 performance enhancements that came with 10.3.8 broke the VBO stuff for KotOR, hence the worse performance.