Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stvfisher

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I've been itching to play Knights of the Old Republic (the original and the sequel) lately, but really don't feel like hooking up my old xbox.

So if I buy KOTOR & KOTOR II, will it run well on my macbook (specs below)? I would like it to run just as well as it did on the xbox.

Also - I guess I'll need a controller too. Any suggestions?

my MacBook: Late 2007 - Blackbook

2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
320 GB / 5400 rpm Hard Drive
and to quote the video card:
'Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor using 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared by main memory'

stvfisher

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
hmmm... do they even make KOTOR II for the mac?

And does KOTOR actually run on the intel macs? Amazon reviews seem to say they do not...

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
1) KOTOR 1 has version for Mac
2) For KOTOR 2 you will need BootCamp with XP installed. Even then I'm not sure if it will run, because on my older MacBook with GMA950 it doesnt work in Windows. It doesnt support integrated graphics.
3) Mac version of KOTOR has a patch (1.03d) that makes it UB, so it will run natively on intel Mac. This patch is buggy though, so save often.
4) DO NOT expect same performance from MacBook as from Xbox. A Mac that wasnt made for games vs a device specifically made to run games is not a fair fight. Still it will run fine for an integrated graphics, like 15-60 FPS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.