KOTOR

Discussion in 'Games' started by arnette, Sep 5, 2004.

1. arnette macrumors 6502

arnette

Knights is coming for Mac, that's pretty cool. Any one beta test or get a sample of this guy? All my Xbox friends rave about this game like it's going out of style. It's supposed to be pretty bad-arse.

http://www.aspyr.com/games.php/mac/kotor/

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Will they have the Mac version out before KOTOR 2 makes it to market?

It's like Halo, all over again. :(

If you are going to port a game to Mac, do it timely and efficiently and timely, otherwise don't get upset when it doesn't make much money.

3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I have the game for xbox. It is a great game. Excellent story line, possibly just as good as Halo. The only thing i hate about this game is the combat. It's very very very linear. Meaning, you don't really do anything in combat, you pick the move you want the character to do from a list, and the character performs it. Thats the only thing i don't like about the game. Other then that it is by far one of the best games ever made. It's definatly on the top 10 list.

4. Oirectine macrumors regular

Oirectine

I wanted to get this for my Mac, but my Powerbook barely meets the low end of the system requirements. So a few weeks ago I just bought an Xbox, and this game (one of the main reasons I wanted an Xbox). There was a lot of hype built up around this game in my mind, because everyone who had played it was raving about it, and it looked sooo cool.

It didn't disappoint. It was everything people were saying--a superb storyline, beautiful locations, witty dialog, and great-looking light saber battles. I, for one, loved the combat system--sure it wasn't as hands-on as say, Jedi Knight II, but it gave you a lot of options in a clear and easy to use interface.

I'd previously played Neverwinter Nights, which was created by the same people (Bioware), and even though that game was good, it came nowhere near the polish and overall quality that this game had. KotOR obviously took a lot of lessons from the previous games, but pretty much everything had been streamlined, simplified, and improved.

I only wish it had been longer. 35 hours start to finish just wasn't enough!

5. Oirectine macrumors regular

Oirectine

By the way, I can't wait for Jade Empire, the next RPG from Bioware. They're designing it from the start for the Xbox, and they're getting rid of the turn-based combat system for a more action-oriented, realtime style.

KotOR II is in production, but Bioware isn't doing it this time. So we'll have to wait and see how that turns out :p

6. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

KOTOR is definitely one of the best games I've ever played... except for maybe Halo :)

7. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

Knights of the Old Republic is being heralded as one of the best games of 2003. the whole idea of being able to let yourself be pulled into the allure of the darkside is a big factor. personally i'd rather be playing star wars galaxies. an mmorpg where you can dance around as a wookie is worthy of a mac port.

8. arnette thread starter macrumors 6502

arnette

I WOULD get an Xbox just to check out this game and to play Halo again (I had an xbox at one time but have since sold it) but I'm moving overseas so I'm trying to have a small collection of Mac games in its place. I'm a bit worried on the performance for KOTOR has my PB 1.33 12" is a great little machine... just not a powerhouse when it comes to gaming.

I guess we'll see how it goes. Call of Duty plays fairly well until you get into a room with a bunch of your bot-buddies and the Germans start firing. Then it gets a little choppy. I imagine that KOTOR will be a lot less intensive. Worth a go, probably.

9. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

10. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

Dang! It's almost 2005... Talk about a delayed port...

I was going to buy this for my PC at walmart because it's only 20 bucks... but i've preordered the 6800 Ultra and want to have a game to test the card. But it'd be stupid to wait for the port and spend 30$ more just to play it on the mac... I'm torn...

To be honest... I'd rather play any game on the mac. It's just that right now, my 9600 pro chokes my experience in some games. The only thing my PC is good for right now is doom3 and City of Heroes.