KOTOR2 for Mac. Who wants it?

Discussion in 'Games' started by eXan, Jun 17, 2005.

1. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Guys, I'm interested to know if people want KOTOR2 for Mac. It seems there's little interest in it, thats why Aspyr is not making the port :(

Please Aspyr, please make it!!!

2. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

I heard it was really rushed and full of plot holes. The first one was good though, I completed it once being totally good and once being totally evil.

3. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

Heh I completed it 8 times being good, evil, good, good and so on
    ;)

4. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

It's interesting in the beginning, but feels rushed and unfinished near the end of the game.... like a lot of games lately :(

5. jcgerm macrumors member

Yea, it gets kind of crappy as you go through the game. It feels like the first one, but the story isn't as compelling and feels unfinished.

6. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

But what about those new moves, new Force powers, item modification and very cool robes?? Are they any good?

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

the end was crap in 2nd

KORTOR was much better,as a story line, game play KOTOR2 had new powers, but i like the story so much in the first one.

XBOX is the place to play it.

8. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

But I hate to sit in front of TV with ******* controller in my hands. I HATE CONSOLES' CONTROLLERS!!!!!!!! :mad:

9. Bartholomew macrumors newbie

I've found myself in the position of defending KOTOR 2 on many occasions. My position remains:

It's a terrific game, but flawed. I can understand why so many people prefer the first, but I think KOTOR 2 was doomed to a smaller following from the start because it was, in my mind, a touch more unconventional than the first. And I like unconventional.

Not to say that people who prefer the first are conventionally-minded. It's a bit smoother, bug-wise and plot-wise, and there aren't quite as many missed opportunities regarding story and the like. Also, of course, it was the first time we were playing that game. This topic isn't the place to start going into details– I don't want to spoil either game for anybody– but I will say that I disagree outright with the people who say that the first game had a better story, better characters, and the like. This includes the ending.

Almost every complaint you'll hear about KOTOR 2 is completely valid, but many of them could just as well be leveled against the original game, and many of them come along with things that KOTOR 2 does oh-so-right. I fully recommend checking it out any way possible. A Mac version would be nice, but. . . oh well.

10. jcgerm macrumors member

The game was rushed into production and certain plot lines weren't even finished! I'm not so sure the ending we got was the ending that they wanted to use. Too many things are left hanging at the end that don't make sense. I'm not talking about a setup for the next one either. Plot elements just aren't wrapped up. But don't take my word for it. Go read some reviews before you buy it and decide if it's really worth the cost of the game.

11. katchow macrumors 6502

i think i've been spoiled by jade empires gameplay :)

12. Bartholomew macrumors newbie

Most of the reviews that I read were quite positive, so far as I recall. Just not so much as those for the first game.

Anyway, this is exactly what I meant when I said it was flawed. If the whole thing were handled better than it were, I'd probably consider it fully superior to the original (as it is, I only consider it superior in certain ways).

I will say this: I think that the story, overall, was a touch more ambitious than that of KOTOR. Of course, I loved KOTOR at the time and I still do, but it seems to me that the sequel was trying to go to more interesting places, both with characters and plots, and partly succeeded in my mind. Not completely, obviously. But it always surprises me a bit when people talk about how terrible KOTOR 2's ending was while treating KOTOR as some kind of model. The former's ending was certainly abrupt and apparently incomplete, but the latter. . . I'll refrain from saying too much in case somebody here hasn't played it yet, but it was very insubstantial. It didn't bother me much, because most of the plot details that were important had already been tied up by then, and I felt the same way about the sequel. I agree it felt rushed, but I don't feel that there was a huge gaping whole in the game the way some others do.

13. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

All my friends and I play KOTAR1 and 2. We all think theyre great games but the first diffenetly was better then the second. The game didnt feel complete and had too many loss ends, but that didnt stop me from playing both of them 2 times (1 good 1 evil). I hope they come out with a KOTAR 3 (anyone have any details?).