L.A. to NYC by car, in 4 minutes QuickTime movie

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Sep 28, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

2. guylafleur macrumors newbie

LA to NYC in 4 minutes

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: I think I`ll do it again tomorrow. Nice link buddy!

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Wow! Very cool. Not just a fastforward of the video either -- clearly carefully edited. It slows down for the more intresting parts, and picks up the pace/skips boring sections. I love the ending.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Wow, that's friggin great.

I saw something similar to this, but it wasn't as contiguous, the editing works much better and the convertible is great. I was thinking the rain would be an issue, but it work out nicely.

I did a silly version of something like this when I got my new DVCam earlier this year in DC....and I just got a wide angle lens, though, which after seeing this makes me want to go out and do it again.....

D

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I like how you can see him checking his blind spot :D

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Bravo!

Just assume!

I can see this being an installation on an LCD picture frame! Though I would have used Magical Mystery Tour as the soundtrack.

I am sure the folks at VW or BMW (Mini) are thinking of a movie ad based on this guys work.

Bravo!

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

OT:Black Sky trips

Would you settle for a 1 hour trip? With the X Prize up for grabs in the next two weeks, a one hour trip between LA and NYC is not that far off.

8. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

9. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Wow that's a great clip, really want to give it a go myself now! A supreme bit of editing. Kinda a reminds me of that fast forward sequence of the guy backpacking through Europe in 'Rules of Attraction'. Anybody know what I'm going on about? Man I loved that scene!

10. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

The Victor sequence in that movie was indeed the best part. Kinda threw an interesting twist into the movie introducing him so late but it was some fine editing :)