Lacie backup software deleted my entire drive

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Scenicroadways, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Scenicroadways macrumors regular

When the software asked me if i wanted to delete my old backup folder to make room for a new one, it proceeded to delete my entire computer. I lost all my files, everything, and have to completely re-image my entire computer. This is a terrible bug, and I hope it is fixed. I hope no one else has to go through this just because of this horribly written program.

2. steelfist macrumors 6502a

that REALLY sucks. Leopard's coming, so don't worry. have you tried to restore and recover some of the files? i don't know how to in osx, so i hope somebody else can give us the answer.

3. Scenicroadways thread starter macrumors regular

Ive tried everything, only got some of my photos back with recovery software, the lacie software not only deleted my entire computer, including system files, but it also deleted some of my backup folder on the external drive from november (what it was suposed to delete in the first place) so i am left with basically nothing, lost a year of using my computer)