LaCie DiscRecording Support 1.23

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GITANAJAVA, Jan 10, 2007.

1. GITANAJAVA macrumors regular

GITANAJAVA

Quick question for any frequent LaCie users in the room: I installed LaCie DiscRecording Support 1.23 (part of a software bundle with the driver) per the instructions (it was programmed to use Stuffit), and all seems to have gone well, but I just noticed the package was filed in /library/receipts. Is that where it belongs? Thought it would file in Applications or Utilities. If that is the proper home for it, would someone help me understand WHY it belongs there? I'd like to understand it better.

Thanks!

2. GITANAJAVA thread starter macrumors regular

GITANAJAVA

Shall I interpret this deafening silence to mean no-one knows? I know it can't mean that my fellow MR's don't care ;-)

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I haven't used this app but there should be a package associated with most apps in the receipts folder. Are you sure it's not just this? It'll have the file extension PKG and it's not technically the app so much as a list of rules for the OS to know when to use the app. :)

4. GITANAJAVA thread starter macrumors regular

GITANAJAVA

Ahhhh, now I get it: you're quite right, there is a .pkg -- when I saw that extension, I took it to mean the DiscRecording thingamy belong elsewhere.

If you're still cruising about, MJ, take a look at attached, I may have just ------ myself. When I originally d/l'd Toast Lite from the disc bundled with the LaCie drive, two Mac folders were received, 1 for the 9 OS (I don't have 9) and one for the 10 (I'm fully updated through 10.4.8). I deleted the Toast for the 9 OS promptly. The attachment shows where the other Toast landed -- am I butter side down? Wondering b/c when I tried to burn a DVD from Toast today, all seemed to write/verify/etc. until the very end when a message saying something like "Session ended. Mac OS error 50." (or words very nearly to that effect) Since that message, I can use the LaCie to burn ONLY from native Mac apps & Toast seems, well, burned. :confused:

Attached Files:

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Bizarre. Your Roxio folder seems to merely contain an Alias for the Applications folder. I don't know what exactly you deleted so it may be best to remove all traces of Toast and reinstall, leaving everything where it is whether it says OS 9 or X. :eek:

6. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Reinstall the toast app, and use the installer. Customize it to not include the OS9 version (click customize on the bottom). If you can't, just leave the OS9 app where it is.

I don't know why your applications folder is aliased there, but I do know that some of the older versions of Toast would install the app in a single folder and alias it in the other system apps folder. So it might have done that and you then deleted the actual app. Still doesn't explain the Applications folder alias, but just delete that. :)

EDIT: Actually, you're fine. Delete that folder, you don't need it, and the app is right above it, so ignore everything I just said.

7. GITANAJAVA thread starter macrumors regular

GITANAJAVA

Thanks, MJ & DN! I thought it looked odd.

As always, your help keeps me afloat, mates :D

8. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

*bows* We please to aim, sir.

And I somehow missed the error part. Try running general maintenance scripts on your HDD, it might be a permission or catalog issue.

9. GITANAJAVA thread starter macrumors regular

GITANAJAVA

No prob w/permissions or filenames (I triple-checked), I'm not certain what "catalog issue" is or how to problem-shoot that. I've Googled the phrase until my fingers were blue, and still don't have an answer that fits the situation....
    :confused: