LaCie drive not working?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by _pb_boi, May 25, 2005.

1. _pb_boi macrumors 6502

Hey everyone,

This isn't *strictly* mac hardware related, but this is the closest forum I could find, and everyone at macrumors is helpful - so I'd rather post the question here than on some other random PC user board. Plus, the LaCie drive is only hooked up to my PC while I'm waiting for my new Powerbook to arrive :)

I've formatted the drive to Windows, so that I could use my music and pictures etc. in the period between selling my old Powerbook and getting my new one. It's a 160gig D2 hooked up the PC via Firewire 400.

All was working fine until we reformatted Windows two days ago. With a clean install, I put in the Firewire cable and... I got a beep to acknowledge a new device, but that was it. The drive shows up in hardware profile, and it says its working correctly. When I pull out the cable, it spins down. When I put the cable in, it spins up.

But I can't access it, and it doesn't show up in My Computer.

Any ideas?

Cheers for any help,

andy.

2. Cold_Steel macrumors member

Hey mate,

The only thing that i can hink the prob could be is that Windows is seeing the drive as a *hidden volume*?

Also are the Firewire dirivers properly installed?

Matt

3. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Sounds like drivers to me. If you can check to see if other firewire things work.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

The normal thing to do would be to remove the hardware drivers from Windows, (perhaps in Add/Remove hardware, or through System Properties)
    and then Add Hardware or re-set up the driver as if from scratch.

5. _pb_boi thread starter macrumors 6502

Heya,

Hidden volume? I'll look into that - thanks!

I've tried removing and installing from scratch, with no luck; what makes me think its *not* a driver issue is that I didn't have to install drivers when I got it working the first time around. Also, it says that whatever driver is present is working correctly - so not too sure.

I'll try downloading another driver and installing the hard drive again. I'll also look into the hidden volume thingymabob, see if that's it!

Cheers folks,

andy.