Lacie Drivers :(

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jeewhizz, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Jeewhizz macrumors regular

I got my new d2 16x lacie DVD±RW DL external today, but it didn't come with any driver cd :(

No problem i thought - they must be on the site - so i downloaded and installed the drivers there - still not working!

Got through to lacie who confirmed i'd need the driver disc as well - they are going to send me one out, but it can take up to a week - problem is that I need to get this thing working before the weekend. I got it over the internet, and can't send it back and get a new one as there isn't enough time.

Has anyone got the driver disc handy? Would it be possible to zip up the drivers and either give me a link to them, send them over ichat, or email?

Thanks

Jee

2. mkubal macrumors 6502a

I believe I have the same drive as you, but I can't seem to find my CD for the drive. Have you tried PatchBurn? I've not used it, but it should work.

http://www.patchburn.de/

Edit: OK, I found the disc and zipped the driver, it's fairly small (<400K, unzipped). I think it's probably the same thing you got from their website though. I can email it to you if you'd like to try it. Let me know what your email address is.

Edit 2: OK, screw it, lets see if I can just attach it here

Attached Files:

3. Jeewhizz thread starter macrumors regular

I have installed a later version than that - the one you gave me won't let me install as it says an upgraded version already exists :(

I tried patchburn, and it wouldn't see the drive.

System profiler sees the drive but has it listed as 'Unknown Device' :(

Jee

4. mkubal macrumors 6502a

Sorry about that.

That is quite a strange problem. Very odd that Patchburn wouldn't work either. I'm out of suggestions besides maybe repairing permissions and running a CD based hardware check like TechTool or Norton.

Hmm...

5. hadek macrumors newbie

Cheapest possible way

Not that I want to "rub it in" but a while ago I bought the cheapest DVD-RW NEC drive from newegg.com and an external enclosure with USB 2. (All for less then $80) I used patchburn to patch the system and had been using it without a single problem.

What you are describing is peculiar issue to say the least. I hope the disc from LaCie will work for you...

hdk

6. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I have a 250 GB Lacie triple interface external... never needed any drivers of any kind. Is it possible you just need to format your drive?

7. Jeewhizz thread starter macrumors regular

In the end, I went out to the store and bought another one, and sent this one back to the website that i bought it from. The store bought one works fine once i had the driver disc :)

Burnt 20gb of stuff already :D