Lacie DVD burners?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AtHomeBoy_2000, Sep 21, 2005.

1. AtHomeBoy_2000 macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

I recently bought a iMac 17" with a combo drive and would like to buy an external hard drive to go with it. I have heard great things about th LaCie d2 DVD+/-RW with LightScribe. How well does it work with the iLife and iWork apps? I thought I heard something about iDVD not burning to external drives. is that true? How can i work around that if it is?

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hello, very nice purchase as mine (iMac 17") is a month old. I have a Lacie burner that I bought in March/April 05' and as an external dvd drive it works very well with iMovie, iDVD and iTunes. It also works on my (girlfriends) iBook just the same.
    As a matter of fact I just finnished up an iDVD project last night and checked it out today. It had been some time since I used iDVD but no problems and as a side note I also updated the firmware from the LaCie site. Since I didn't buy the drive with the LightScribe I sent an email as to which update to get and within 48hrs. I had my answer (yes okay to download/update).
    With the LaCie as long as you install the files on the cd/update page you won't need to use a work around such as "Patchburn".
    So the next thing left is just get one, make some things and enjoy :D

3. AtHomeBoy_2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Sure and they ship fast also :)