Lacie HD help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zzzuppp, Sep 16, 2006.

1. zzzuppp macrumors member

I've just bought a Lacie 200GB D2 Firewire HD,but it needs all the cables.I'm in the UK and apparently we need some type of transformer/supply? for UK/Europe.Lacie supposedly link to it from their website,but it's a dead link and everywhere else I've looked it's 'unavailable'.Does anyone know anything about this? Do I really need one? or is it just a simple 2 pin/3 pin transformation on the power plug?
    Also does one Lacie D2 power cable fit all their D2 models?

PS I have a G4 (AGP),OS-X 10.3.9

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

3. zzzuppp thread starter macrumors member

Yes-it looks like the right shape socket- and that's the link on that page that leads nowhere.

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

I get a "Buy" button on that page that drops the item into a shopping cart for me. Is that not showing up for you?

5. zzzuppp thread starter macrumors member

Yes I see that,it's the para underneath which says 'This item (707790) is just the power supply and does not include the UK cable. For the cable, click here. ' and when you click there it leads to a dead end.
    But looking at the end of the power cable in that photo it looks like a standard two pin US plug which it's easy to buy an adaptor for.Except that it may mean that I wont get that lead,just the bottom one on the pic.If the other end of the (top) lead is the same kind of power input as you used to get with portable cassette recorders etc,it's no problem.Does anyone know?
    I'm just wondering if that really is the right socket in the lowest pic.Mine has four pin slots but also 4 indentations around the circle,the top one of which is a straight line.My model is a 200GB Firewire,manufacturer number 300656.
    Thanks for your help so far.

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Okay, well at least we have the stock umber for the cable, 706460. It's possible that they changed the number and haven't listed it yet, I have seen parts mysteriously disappear and reappear from Lacie (and their resellers) before.

It may be time to get a human being at Lacie involved. They list their email as sales.uk@lacie.com