Lacie Pocket Drive not mounting only on my powerbook

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Macpoops, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Macpoops macrumors 6502

I have a 30gb lacie pocket drive and for some reason it is does not mount to my powerbook. I've run the disk utility and it's says it's ok. I;ve also tried to run Norton Disk Doctor on it. It always gets a unexpected error -60. It mounts find on my parents iMac but not on my powerbook. My ipod and my lacie 120gb d2 mount fine. Any idea how i can remedy the situation short of formating the drive?

2. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Are you running the same system on each machine? Check that your PB is up to date. It sounds like you may have different drivers on the two, making your PB a bit out-of-date.

Dan

3. Macpoops thread starter macrumors 6502

Both machines are running 10.2.4. And at the time have received every update that was avalible

4. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    try booting into os9, see if it mounts, then go back into osX and you may see it. my lacie 120gb died after a powerspike and i did that, after running all the apps you mention, and it worked! i thought i was gonna have toreformat and lose everything. sounds weird, but it worked.

5. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

DiskWarrior is a really great program that seems to be able to find errors that programs such as norton will not catch. I reccomend it wether you have a problem or not
    (there is a new version on the way native to os x, but the current version works fine to fix os x drives when booted from 9)
    Otherwise, the simple way would just be to backup, and do a low level format on it. If it is something that can be fixed on the drive, this should do it if it is not a serious problem with the drive.