Lacie Porsche USB 2.0 Drives

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by dgh1981, Aug 27, 2005.

1. dgh1981 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. Has anyone tried using these drives with OSX? I just received (2) of the 250 gb variety. My plan was to use both of these drives in a RAID 1 array for all of my important documents and files. I've created the RAID1 set and all appears to be well. When I try to copy several large files (3 gb total) and then try to open up another program such as Safari, the file transfer stops and then my Finder will stop responding if I try to stop the transfer. The only thing I can do it shut off the hard drives. I found the following in the Console system.log:

AppleRAIDMember::synchronizeCacheCallout: failed with e00002bc on ABAD5338-8DEC-44E2-97FA-32B863668FC4

Is using both drives at once too much for the system? I have an iMac G4 USB 2.0 model.

I thought maybe it was firmware, so I downloaded the latest Lacie firmware and when I launch the Updater is just closes within 5 seconds while scanning the bus for the drives.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. dgh1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

re: Lacie Porsche USB 2.0 Drives

Anyone have any ideas at all?

3. mindstorm macrumors newbie

I have one of these USB 2.0 250GB Lacie Porsche model hard drives and the thing will just stop responding out of nowhere for no appearant reason toher then some incompatability with OS10.4. Probably same reason you cannot get Raid to work I imagine. :mad:

This thing is really pissing me off.

Have a 12" 1GHz iBook, 1.25GB Ram