LaCie with Toast or not

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ChuckF, Jul 17, 2005.

1. ChuckF macrumors newbie

I'm looking to buy the Lightscripe DVD burner. Should I pay the extra $40 to buy the one with Toast Titanium or save the cash. I'm going to be using it to make DVD's with iDVD from my 14" iBook with combo drive.
    Thanks for the advice.

2. chv400 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure how much Toast retails for but i know that it does do some neat things like burn video CD's which can be played in some DVD palyers.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Not sure how much it costs normally, thought I saw it for sale for $199 at a software store in Harrisburg, PA about two weeks ago. If that is the normal price (~$200) and Toast is only $40 more in this case, then you are getting a good deal my friend!

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....it is $199 with Toast 6 from Lacie's online store...so don't pay more than that - search around places like dealmac.com for other deals and online coupons and you may do better. Toast is an excellent program is highly recommended - just is more versatile than Apple's built-in burning capabilities....oh yeah!