Lack of brightness on NANO??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MattyMac, Oct 3, 2006.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Anyone else have this problem?

I have a 1G nano that was replaced because it was no longer responding. The one they sent me works fine, however it is noticabley dimmer. No where near as bright as the original one I had. I don't think there is a setting to adjust this either.

I am going into NYC tomorrow, do you think I should take it to the iPod genius bar...maybe they will replace it? Or is this not covered?

Let me know your thoughts.

2. ricksbrain macrumors regular

If it really is dimmer, walk one of the geniuses over to a display nano and compare. Mine is really bright.

Edit: And you can remind them that one of Steve's selling-points was the brighter screen...

3. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

absolutely - tke it to them and let them compare it - they will make it right if there is something up, they did right by me for another Nano issue I had and 3 days out of warranty to boot.

4. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I have the first generation, not the second generation with the brighter screen. But it is clearly much dimmer than the original one I had replaced and it is quite annoying. Hopefully they will take care of it and not think that it is just a miniscule problem.

Was one of Steve's selling point for the 1G nano a bright screen as well as the 2G?