lack of pc vs mac multiplayer question

Discussion in 'Games' started by Anarchy99, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

Dec 13, 2003
    if gamespy dropped support why doesn't gameranger step up to the plate to replace them
    there are 1,797,790 total members as of right now and that is in a mac vs mac gaming community now imagine if there was a pc version also
    that would be great so why doesnt it happen
  2. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    Because GameRanger is ours! Our own....Our precious....

It's one of the few big things that we mac users have and just us mac users
  3. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Feb 6, 2004
    I use gameranger to hookup with other players. I don't care if they're PC users (I was one for twenty some years). So i totally don't understand what the deal is w/that. But like i've read on Ryan Gordon's .plan, gamespy offers much more than gameranger... CD key verification, etc... Gameranger needs to stepup on both ends if they want to give gamespy a run for they're money.

Oh, and i like GameRanger. It's the only place i can play AvP and some of my other games. Sometimes there isn't anyone there, but... yeah... it's still a good thing, and i thank those guys for creating GameRanger.

I do have 1 question about GameRanger 'pro' or whatever it's called... they mention that the account that costs money gives you the ability to voice chat with people in-game. Is this true? and if so, how many people can you simultaneously chat with?
  4. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    That is true. But, everybody else has to have GameRanger Premium as well. I think it is limited to the amount of people in your game room. No word on their website.