Lack of value of MobileMe for a one-computer person

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by jwp333, Jul 13, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Apr 24, 2006
    I've got it for another 37 days, but like the old .Mac, I'm not seeing the need for this with one computer. I have a Time Machine backup with an external hard drive, so why have an IDisk? . I have a home and work email address, but I can set that up in Mail if I want to. I don't have an IPhone and don't plan on getting one anytime soon. I don't have an interest in setting up galleries. I'm not knocking MobileMe or Apple, but I'm not checking off the box to auto renew.
  2. macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    Nope, not for you. I use it mainly for syncing calendars between our family's five computers. Honestly, if it wasn't for that feature, I wouldn't be using it at all.
  3. macrumors 68040

Mar 4, 2006
    Kent, UK - the 'Garden of England'.
    Totally, mine is great VFM syncing 3 Macs and my iPhone. You're not getting any real value from it at all.
  4. macrumors 65816

Oct 24, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I have an iPod touch and for me its nice since I use it as a PDA while I travel. This syncing between my computer, the cloud, and iPod touch is nice.
    But I agree it is not for everyone.