lag in Halo using Apple bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Games' started by jrankin, Nov 21, 2004.

1. jrankin macrumors newbie

Sep 27, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Anyone know if Apple's bluetooth mouse has any delays when playing Halo? It seems like it takes a bit for the game to respond to clicks or movement of the mouse, but perhaps it is because my video card isn't great (my card is whatever is stock on the iMac G5).

Thanks for your thoughts on this.
  2. neverever macrumors newbie

Sep 18, 2004
    Ur noticing 30ms base lag. Thats why I ordered teh gaming mousez0r. :D

The wireless mice will get u killed in unreal. If you dont want to get a new mouse I would suggest to keep the apple mouse moving because it turns off to save power. ex it catnaps
  3. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    I need to pick up one of those gaming mice or mouses. Whatever you call them on the computer.
  4. Poff macrumors 65816

Sep 16, 2003
    Stavanger, Norway
    Bluetooth is slow, hence the lag.

The fastest mouse around should be the Logitech one, using laser instead of infra-red. It's wireless, but not bluetooth. Wireless is not bad, bluetooth is.

Logitech MX-1000 $69: (click pic for Amazon)
  5. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Jun 26, 2004
    prouble is blue tooth still has a lot of glitchs in it and it no up to par with WRF that for example the MX1000 uses and just is not as fast so you deal with lag. Plus Blue tooth still has not been fullly standarized so it still has it glitchs and bugs in it
  6. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

Dec 13, 2003
    that mouse is beautiful
    i found my christmas present to myself:)
  7. neverever macrumors newbie

Sep 18, 2004
    omg nooooooo dont pick the mx1000z0r.

numero uno: Its proven that top gamers use fingertips to control the mouse. I regretfully have an mx510 and it with the mx1000 are not meant to be fingertiped. The design is meant to be 'palmed' and used in offices.

numero dos, a gajillion reasons not 2:

numero tres: Logitechs next mouse is rumored to be optical lolololololol so much for it being obsolete.

No im not spanish, I just felt like it. Lé rétréat!!!

gaming mice:
    logitech mx510<---I have one, tracks perfect but the shape isnt so good imo
    razer diamondback<---im trying to get one, they are so backordered
    one of the boomslangs
    and a bunch of crazy chinese/korean brands, you'll have to look around, but they are 1337 mice...
  8. neverever macrumors newbie

Sep 18, 2004