Lagging when playing video on iPhoto

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by iloveair, Jun 26, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Jun 26, 2013
    So this has been occupying my mind today and has left me puzzled.

So the problem as the heading suggests is that when i play certain videos on iPhoto it comes out all pixelated/laggy (see attachment). However when i play videos taken on my iPhone it seems to be fine.

So my initial thought was either its the software or the graphics/cpu card. But I done some basic tests with the same video clip.

1. I tested the same clip via quicktime and it was fine it didn't have any issue of what i was seeing in iPhoto.

2. When I watch youtube there is no issue as well.

everything else seems to be fine so far except the wifi issue where i have to keep on connecting/disconnecting, the wifi might be because of the old router

Can someone provide a possible explanation as to reason why in iPhoto the video has streaks but in other video formats its fine?

Attached Files:

2. Guest

Apr 6, 2010
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Jun 26, 2013

I took the print screen whilst playing the video so that contributes to the way it looks. But the streaks/pixelation is there as you see.

This only happens in iphoto which i cant understand. I am within my 14 days received it on Monday.
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Jun 26, 2013
    Anyone else have issues with iphoto playing your videos?
  5. macrumors member

Jun 16, 2011
    just take it back.
  6. thread starter macrumors member

Jun 26, 2013
    Im very reluctant as its a CTO build and i have to wait another week for it. But im planning to go on the weekend at a genius bar and see what they say.

If it was the graphics i would imagine it would happen if i was watching youtube aswell but it doesnt