Lamborghini police car video

Discussion in 'Community' started by bousozoku, Jun 10, 2004.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

For emergencies and transporting organs!?!? Would you want your new heart or kidney brought to you so fast it might fly off the road and into a ditch at any second?

3. dopefiend macrumors 6502

I was thinking why use a car? Do they lack helicopters over there?

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    its italy gotta have style

5. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

surely a responsible driver would realise the disadvantages of 200mph cornering as much as a helicopter pilot would know the disadvantages of tall objects within airspace.

Plus, Italian car Italian Government. A national car company sponsoring a national service what's the big deal.

Fast cars are just more flexible, they don't have to be driven at 200mph.

Any knee-jerking, media programmed, car hating liberals care to put an angle on this. :rolleyes:

We need a new thread on the pollution potential of air transport, imagine how much a lambo would burn if it had to defy gravity too.

6. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

Demographic search found 0 entries. Please try again using fewer search terms ______________

7. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

Note to Self: Contact Ford Motor Company and solicit donation for new ground-based donor transport company start-up serving Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Attached Files:

8. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

similar to cockroaches when the light comes on?

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, so they wanted Italian-made and it was either that or a Vespa. ;)

But this (local loyalty) is pretty typically American too. In Dearborn (Ford's HQ) they use Ford Explorers. In Pontiac (used to have most of GM's engineering, although they moved to Warren) they used to use Camaros. In Auburn Hills (DCX US branch office :D)...hmmm....trying to remember...Chrysler cars so forgettable...I'm pretty sure i've seen Durango police vehicles, and maybe Dodge Stratus?

EDIT: And let's not forget all the EV1s GM sold to Cali. :) Ummm....trying to draw parallel between pro-environment pork-barrelling and bloated sports-car smog-making wouldn't-be-caught-dead-owning must-be-bald-and-wear-polyester-to-drive uhhh...okay, I just can't do it.

10. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I can't see the video

i need a plug in or something.

11. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    hah, i wouldn't mind getting pulled over by the policewoman they had on that video ;) :D

12. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Wow, hey Kettle this is the pot calling! :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

Man I crack me up! :D

Honestly, having this kind of car on the force would make me consider a career change! Mind you it's not the first time I'd have a badge, but I'd also make driving gloves part of the uniform!

As for speeding through traffic delivering organs... well I guess it's not as expensive as a helicopter, and might have better access to different locations, but I agree that the chance of an accident is much higher!

13. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

Youd be hard pressed to outrun that car. Too bad one it caught up to you it couldnt do much else. :p

14. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

You wouldn't be hard pressed, but your wallet would be... :D

15. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

well... since it was donated, how could they refuse? :p

i saw this on Top Gear. that guy made some joke about it... can't remember it now, but it would go perfectly right here in my post. :p

16. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

I saw the piece on Top Gear too..and I can't remember their joke either. I've seen Police Impreza's and Evo's over here as well as BMW X5's and Mercedes M Class's and most impressive a Lotus Espirit! Some serious spending going on somewhere.

17. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

It would be cool if some crooks had a lambo too, and they had a two lambo high speed chase. Ohhh yeahhh

18. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

Dude she was scary. Her cop uniform reminded me of the Gestapo.

19. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I've seen police Lamborghinis in Monaco before when I was over there in 2000. I'd love to check out the video, but there is no way even if hell froze over that I'd download Real Player to watch it. Is there some other way to watch this on VLC or something?

20. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

dude, get over it, it's free, and it's not all that bad. yes given the choice i'd download a quicktime of it, but it don't exist....

21. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I know it's free but considering how much spyware and crap they bundled with the PC version when I was using Windows and how badly Real would screw the system up, I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole.

22. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

haha, fair enough...admittedly i always install "pc" stuff on a test comp first, same as when there's a new OS upgrade...i think it's safe though, haven't noticed anything dodgy, they even have my email address :eek:

23. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

My experience exactly. The last time, the only time, I installed Real it freakin' took over control of media on my PC and would just not let go. It took a clean install to get rid of all of it. Of course that was back in 98/99 so maybe it's not as bad now...

Lethal