Lance Armstrong's iPod!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jbembe, Jul 21, 2004.

1. jbembe macrumors 6502a

So, I was watching the amazing time trial up the Alpe d'Huez today and saw that Lance, during pre-race warmups, was fumbling around setting up the iPod and warming up while listening to some tunes!! Now what I really want to know is what kind of iPod he has, and what he plays on it for training/warming up/ etc. It would be funny if all he had on it was Sheryl Crow. Wonder if he's an Eric Clapton fan?!?!? :D

2. m.r.m. macrumors regular

he´ll probably be listening to something a bit faster than clapton or sheryl crow before a race.

3. Mr Poop E Pantz macrumors member

Too bad he is also doing commercials saying how great the AMD 64 is and how much it helped Trek make his bike. Those are the benefits of being a sponsor though.

4. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

Look at it this way then.

He's talking about AMD 64 because he's paid to.

He's using an iPod because he wants to :D

Any time I've seen him warming up he's plugged into that, and it's been mentioned in several interviews so he's definitely giving the iPod good time.

5. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

I agree completely he wants to use it rather than being paid to talk rubbish. I've seen Lance with it quite a few times, it is definitely good advertising for Apple. Lance has a bit more respect and credibility than pretty much any other sports star. I nice little bit of publicity but Apple probably don't need much more iPod publicity, almost everyone knows what an iPod is and wants one.

6. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

You never know with Apple, they have "guerrilla marketers" just like MTv/Viacom does.

Some people are offended by the practice, I think it's funny as hell (especially when it works!).

7. belair macrumors 6502

belair

And I know!!

I watched the time trial as well. When I saw Lance with the ipod I jumped up and screamed "ipod, ipod".

My brother really thinks I am a freak.

Everytime I see an ipod or a mac, for that matter, on Tv I say "ibook", or "ipod" or whatever it is.

Am i sick?? :confused:

8. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

Freud would say that you want to have sex with his mother.

9. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

His mother was a fox. ;)

10. jbembe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sounds to me like you've got things in the perfect perspective. I personally think the rest of the world is off their rockers (who don't get it!!)

11. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

"What's on Lance's iPod?" is one of those questions I'm sure many of us are very interested in knowing the answer to.

Maybe we'll see a celebrity playlist in the near future...

12. thejazzman10 Guest

a better question is- are we related?

13. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

LOL :D

14. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Is it just me or did this conversation go completely off topic and become weird :confused:
    On topic I wonder how many tour riders have an iPod.

15. Ozi macrumors regular

Ozi

Yeah i am watching it too, and saw him using the iPod too... w000t!! :D we love ytou lance! :lol:

What i want to see is riders with iPod minis on armbands on the ride! LMAO

16. appleguy macrumors 6502

appleguy

I would say you need help lol

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The only thing on his iPod is a recording of your mom's voice.

He'll upgrade his iPod once it has video capabilities. ;)

18. New Guy macrumors member

Did you see his MP3 player sunglasses?

Now if they could integrate bluetooth earbuds, sunglasses and the apple remote to use with my iPod mini then I would be a happy camper.

I specifically bought my iPod mini to use while riding my bike. The wired remote and headphone are a pain though to use while riding.

19. thrillz3 macrumors member

Nope, I do the exact same thing. And when I see the older PB's, I say "upside-down powerbook". :)

20. Fitzcaraldo macrumors member

I'm pretty sure Lance listens to an Audiobook, I think its called

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. ;)

21. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

upside-down pb? I'm confused...

22. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Memories...

Haha yea... A while back, during the day of the iBook G3's and the aluminum Powerbooks, (it was aluminum back then, right? I've always been an ibook guy...) Apple used to have their logo set up so that when you finish working on it and close it, you're looking at the logo right-side up (see what I mean?). This means that when you're working, or when it's closed and you're carrying it, anybody looking at it sees the logo upside down. Apple received a bit of criticism from this, and righted the logo with their new pb's and iBook G4's. Head out to eBay and search for "snow ibook G3" and check out some of the pictures... You'll see what I mean.
    ;)

23. jbembe thread starter macrumors 6502a

I use my 40gig 3rd generation out on road rides (too scared to take it mountain biking.) I have found that if I leave the lock "off" I can access volume and all the controls through the pocket in the back of my jersey, so I don't need a remote!! It works pretty well!

Yeah, and I don't have the stock headphones anymore, I went with sony's earbud style and I find it decent while biking although the wind still cuts into your ears and gives alot of background noise.

And I've only heard about the mp3 sunglasses, I'll have to pay closer attention when Lance has them on!!

A friend of mine were also dreaming up our new mountain biking iPod package which included bluetooth earbuds, wireless remote and bombproof shell compartment in the camelback for the iPod. We're still dreaming!!! :D

24. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

I did the same thing about 3 weeks ago at the airport. A kid got off the plane with a beautful 12" PowerBook. I yelled to my father: "PowerBook!!! PowerBook!!!! PowerBook!!!"

My father (and everybody else around me) looked kind of freaked out.

PowerBook!!!!!

25. dvdh macrumors 6502

dvdh

I am little confused. Both my ibook G3 (14/900) and my friend's tiBook (15/867) have the logos on them in such a way that they are right side up when they are open . . . as far as I know they (the ice books, and tibooks) have always been like this . . .